"Minnie" blurb (Pup #3) PICS!!!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finally a little break and we have a few pics! :)
As some of you may recall Minnie has the rare watcher & patroller traits. She is not dominant in one area of another.

Minnie heading down one side.
Copy of SAM_6016.JPG

She hears her momma on the other end barking at something.
Copy of SAM_6018.JPG

Heading over
Copy of SAM_6021.JPG

This is where Minnie parks herself to "watch" ... she can see most all of her area from here.
Copy of SAM_6022.JPG

She is along the back of the fence line... on patrol
Copy of SAM_6023.JPG

Bucks fenceline
Copy of SAM_6024.JPG

Back corner... looking around
Copy of SAM_6025.JPG

This girl steals my heart.:love I truly love this dog. :loveShe is the most gentle pup with children I have ever seen. Very calm and mellow, very smart. She is a real joy to work with. She is excellent with sit, back/down, come and we are working on stay and stay/down.
Did I say I love this dog? :love
I will say she is a bit sassy as she does talk to you when she is trying to express herself. LOL If we ask "what is it Minnie" she will bark as if though she is trying to communicate something. It is quite comical. :D
She does have one major fault.... if she is in the house and no one is in the kitchen she will put her paws on the counter and steal anything that may be close to the edge. :rolleyes: She has learned the trashcan is not something you knock over or climb on though.... sooooo a little at a time. She is doing very well for her age. She is full time in the field and quite content.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

Oh @BrownSheep... I know that too well ... venison backstraps.... at the back of the counter.... Told DH he shoulda put them on top of the fridge. :lol:

What is even sadder about all of this is that it wouldn't be amusing in the least if it was the GSD or the mutt... they would be in BIG trouble. Of course we "kinda" put on the show of that is "bad" but I think the dogs a) know we are wrapped b) that we are all trying too hard to hold back the laughter. I think because they are such incredible animals that we tend to "forgive" a little more.;)

Womwotai

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Wow….what a read. Thanks SBC for the detail. I am curious why only pups 1,2 & 3 are referenced throughout. I thought the opening post said there were 6?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
1 was stillborn... 2 others were stepped on when she dug her hole to deliver... she stepped on one and it died after the 2nd day (internal injuries) and one died instantly when she stepped on it's head while having the last pup. We brought her in as she continually wanted them in a hole and I wasn't ok with losing anymore. :(
She was very gingerly with the pups once out of the hole.
These dogs tend to go under barns, dig out deep cave like holes etc to have their pups... some fare ok others lose them during delivery from just what my girl did.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am working on an update with Minnie. She is headed off to her new home. Here are a couple of pics working with her parents.
SAM_7335.JPG

SAM_7336.JPG

SAM_7338.JPG

Latest posts