Misfitmorgan's - Babies 2020

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
That’s wonderful news about the little white ewe lamb!

Too funny about Duke. Will she be a keeper?

As far as sales, we don’t have trouble selling calves but I’m trying to figure out the best way to go about selling goats. We may also be getting into pigs... I have fb but I’m not necessarily a fan. Too much stupid drama. At least what’s here is real life. Thanks for sharing how you do sales!

Yes we will be keeping Duke. We keep all females for goats and sheep. We have sadly had such poor luck(mostly boys) and freak accidents that Oreo will actually be our first breed back.

Next year all goats are being bred to Big Boy again and we will go from there. If things work out Phoebe will give us at least one girl this year. That girl will not be ready to breed until Fall 2020 I dont think because Phoebe got bred late. Charlotte will be bred back to her father Big boy if she is ready this Fall 2019. If things go well Big Boy will be sold this fall after breeding and we will get a new buck either this fall or spring 2020. Hopefully one with Dapples or spots :love:love

For the sheep all ewes will be bred to our big ram this fall. Duke will be bred to our big ram who may or may not be her dad. Captain will be sold as soon as we get a line on a good replacement and that new ram will be used to breed the spring 2020 babies when they are ready. Our Big ram will breed the suffolk adults and mutts we currently have, then he will be sold in Spring 2021(i think).

Thats the some what of a plan atm. It really all depends on how well we do as caretakers and our luck I guess. If we can get decent pasture up shortly it will greatly improve our odds I think.

The lambs that have that extra edge always bring on a smile. :)
True and this was very unexpected as well.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You had just moved when winter overtook you. You really didn't have a lot of time to get things sorted out and fixed up the way you wanted to. I expect you will be having a lot of activity on the farm this summer and getting things more the way you want them. The good thing about making plans is that it gives you a direction to go in, and can be changed along the way.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sweetie - 4F singles
308 - 2F single
294 - FF, mounted 11/24 (expected 4/23)
White Mutt- 2F twins
Small Brown - 1F twins
Phoebe - 4F twins, expected 4/26
Latte - 11?
Espresso - 11?

Made a Spreadsheet stuff was getting to complicated.
upload_2019-4-3_8-56-50.png

I am expecting the next lambs to be born in the second half of this month. 294 and any not prego mutts were exposed and mounted for 4/23-4/27 lambs.