Misfitmorgan's - Babies 2020

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had heard basically the same sort of thing Mike... best to wait at least a week. The kids would be getting 2 shots regardless. They get the initial one at 1 week if mom hasn't had her pre-delivery one or at 5 weeks if she did... and then a booster 5-6 weeks later. :idunno

If the mom gets the pre-birth CDT the kids/lambs only get 1 shot or so i thought :smack

That site says If mom got the shot then give one at 5-6 weeks and another 3-4 weeks later...if she didnt get one at 7-21 days old then another in 3-4 weeks. The booster is always 21-28 days later, bottle even says that.

Supposedly if you miss the 21-28 day window what happens?

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday we got home to a Lamb outside in the pasture. Probly an hour or so old and it was a huge storm/blizzard out. Lamb was well fed but so cold there wasnt any shaking left.

So 310 and her new BIG ram lamb are in the barn in a hotbox was well. No lid for the sheep hot box so mom doesnt heat stress. The box is pretty small for mom and all her wool so hopefully everything is ok today. The ram nursed several more times that we saw and urinated so things are working well.

Sadly...Carson is no longer with us, he hasnt been since he was 2 days old I just dreaded posting it and i do not want to go into details on this one.

Charlotte is doing well and weighs about 25lbs now. Ivy was making to much milk so i milked out 2 quarts after we lost carson, then a little less the next day to get her production down to hold charlotte only. Ivy looks to easily be able to make over a gallon of milk a day but with the temps being screwy i dont want to demand more then she needs to make.

Ivy - F2 boy/girl twins both times
310 - F2 boy singles both times

No i didnt get pictures, it was a blizzard out and i wasnt risking losing my phone in that.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just because :hugs....you needed that ....
Thank you

Thank you all :hugs

Sheep do seem to be pretty hardy critters. Most of the sheep stay outside of the shelter 24/7 with an inch of snow on their backs so i highly doubt they are cold.

Charlotte is bouncing off the walls and and the ram lamb appears to be doing well.