Misfitmorgan's - Babies 2020

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Charlotte should be old enough to be out of the hotbox. I’ll cross my fingers with you!

Yes more worried about the other goats beating her up. Big Boy and Phoebe are on the main floor and the two geese.

We didnt really have a choice it was Ivy and Charlotte or 310 and lamb which is younger. One of them had to get out or the new lamb was going to die, he needed the heat lamp and a place as warm as we could managed.

Between Ivy and the pigs we are down to 2 heat lamps, I have to buy more friday.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our Calving season has sucked! We’ve lost two calves. Our third survivor was born tonight. Losing half isn’t just hard on emotions but on the pocket book too. I totally get it! Praying it gets better here and there!

I missed this sorry. It is tough on the pocketbook for sure. I hope things improve for everyone, seems losses and problems all around this year. I think the weather being so messed up is really been playing a part in things being off this year.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry Bay other stuff came up I will share it on my journal.

The lamb was fine.

Wednesday morning I woke I heard a lamb cry while getting ready for work. Went out and found white twin lambs outside with mom. We moved them and mom into the barn. 310 and her lamb got kicked out of their warm box. Mom and boy/girl twin lambs put in the box. We had to cut some wool off her with scissors so thy could nurse. By the time that was done the boy wouldn't stand up and wouldn't nurse no matter what we did. DH squirted some milk in his mouth and hoped him warming up would help. So we let him and his sister be to figure it out. The boy was gone a few hours later, he just wasn't quite right so i dunno what was going on there.

Ivy - Boy/girl twins (lost boy) Charlotte
310 - single ram lamb
mutt - girl twin lambs (lost both)
Polypay - single ram lamb
mutt - boy/girl white twins (lost boy)

No other lambs since. The funny/odd part is i'm not sure which polypay had the lamb. We have our sheep 'named' polypay...but an identical sheep came with the mutts who is i believe our polypay's sister. Now i'm not sure which one is which without them side by side so i dunno who is in the barn with a lamb for sure.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad 310’s lamb is ok. Sorry about losing the twin boy. I had Two runty lambs this year that I had to milk their moms and teach them to suck. Both born to FFs never saw such tiny babies.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sadly our polypay who had the ram lamb died yesterday. She broke the gate on the hotbox and was lose in the barn with her lamb. Her and one of the goats were fighting i guess and she took a horn thru her bottom jaw. Her lamb is now in our entry way and a bottle lamb. It was very sad for us.

About an hour ago one of the mutt sheep had twin boy/girl lambs. She is ignoring them atm so when i get home we have to see if we can get her interested in her babies.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Stabbed by a goat.….that really stinks. If we made a post on how our sheep died, and listed all the fatalities, I think yours would be at the top of the Weird Death list. Stupid-A$$ goat!

I hope you can get the ewe interested in her babies. Just how do you go about that? Show pictures of happy sheep families? I got it! I got it! Pictures of happy sheep families at a water park! Yeah, that ought to do it! Maybe I'll try that.... it would beat me launching myself at a cornered ewe, getting a horse lead rope around her neck as she drags, steps on me, and tying her up to a post so I can teach her num-nuts lamb to suck. Meanwhile, the lamb clamps it's little mouth shut, a butter knife couldn't slide between it's cute little lips, much less a fat teat. :barnie

The things our animals do to us.....and we go back for more.:yesss:

Latest posts