Misfitmorgan's - Babies 2020

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
On the whole it sounds like things are improving, sorry you lost yet another lamb though.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time. The hits just keep coming. Then you get a live lamb and the ewe doesn't want it. :he It has to get better. :\

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Temps are very warm out suddenly so we have quite a bit of flooding in several areas here so lets hope nothing else bizarre happens. All the barn sheep and goats will be going back to the outside pen very shortly as the kids/lambs are old enough and the temps have warmed up enough. I may keep the mutt sheep and the white girl lamb in for another week or two just because she is still smaller.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Where do you post animals for sale? Have you found that posting some places works better than others?

I use craigslist for the moment. Results have been alright usually get everything sold just not always at the price I am wanting. I am thinking of using the local livestock FB groups but i hate FB :barnie

We also sell a lot locally, people know what animals we have and ask if we have anything available. Atm we have 6 people waiting on pigs, whenever we get them.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last night boys got banded which is a shame cause we have some really good genes. 310 is a large frame ewe from slack lines and our ram is from kimm lines, so he would have been an amazing ram for someone.

All kids/lambs now also have gotten their first CDT shots so we just have follow up to do. No new lambs yet which is am fine with. Waiting for tails to come off and the rest of the snow to melt.

I have not mentioned it because I did not want to jinx it but the mutt sheeps little white ewe lamb is an amazing looking lamb. She is smaller because of course she is a ewe but she is perfectly square, deep chested, very muscular rear legs..just an amazing looking lamb. We are very impressed with her so far and think she will make a very nice addition to the sheep herd and hope she took her mothers parasite resistance. Just amazing little lamb.

"Duke" the bottle lamb we thought was a boy is doing very well. She is eating hay/grain and growing like a weed, she has to weigh over 35lbs now easily. We need to buy a scale. We find it hard to get a good look at her because she always thinks I have a bottle hidden on me someplace.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
That’s wonderful news about the little white ewe lamb!

Too funny about Duke. Will she be a keeper?

As far as sales, we don’t have trouble selling calves but I’m trying to figure out the best way to go about selling goats. We may also be getting into pigs... I have fb but I’m not necessarily a fan. Too much stupid drama. At least what’s here is real life. Thanks for sharing how you do sales!