Misfitmorgan's Journal - That Summer Dust

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whoopie!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!

You have a little financial "tightness" now but it will soon pass. You will be buying your house not paying the landlord for a dump they don't keep up. Egg salad sandwiches for lunch and dinner saves a lot of money ;)

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whoopie!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!

You have a little financial "tightness" now but it will soon pass. You will be buying your house not paying the landlord for a dump they don't keep up. Egg salad sandwiches for lunch and dinner saves a lot of money ;)
Lol ironically i eat ramen for lunch $0.74 which means my week of lunches cost me $3.70. Aside from that we eat a lot of pork seeing as how we have two in the freezer lol.

DH shot and slit two pigs the other morning for the guy we farm with and then they took them to the butcher. Last night we dropped off a butcher pig we sold at another butcher. So from 16 pigs we are down to 13 but very shortly they are gonna be dropping piggies. As soon as piglets are weaned the two pigs that belong to our friend are going to his house, he finally got the pen built.

Eva, 2 barrows, and a young gilt who isnt gaining like she should are all up for sale for butcher atm. So that will leave us with 7 breeders and a bunch of piglets to pick from for replacements for the 3 gilt.

So We will be making temporary pens for the pigs until we can get a perimeter fence up and then the electric up. We absolutely can not have any livestock getting loose as we will be right on a highway.

Atm all looks ok but so much to do to move. I dont know how it is all going to get done in time and It wont stop raining/ thunderstorming here to be able to go outside and do things.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You need the 10/$1 Ramen ;) Nice that you have all that pork in the freezer. Sadly, I'm pretty much SOL in that regard. Spouse will eat ham and bacon; pork chops ONLY if they are smothered in sauerkraut. Neither she nor DD2 will eat chicken, turkey only at Thanksgiving. Only I like lamb as well. Of course DD1 is vegetarian so she isn't a factor.

That is going to be a lot of pigs to move! I'm sure you'll get it done, who needs sleep anyway??? Too bad we can't all apparate and have a fence building party.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
They dont sell 10/$1 ramen anymore and it isnt as good lol. Normally i spend approx $20-25/week on lunches so my little $3.70 is a vast improvement already. :p

I am trying to locally get some people together for a fence building/moving "party" :hide

I don't think i could take someone who was so picky with food. Honestly i think i would be like well just go hungry then and i am eating all this delicious stuff myself.

Speaking of....DHs friend Tommy brought over two meat goats last night. He was out trimming horse feet and the guy had 2 goats running around and tommy asked about them. The guy said he had been trying to give them away for 6 months, so tommy called us and brought them over. They are some cross-bred something that are whethered and apparently didnt make weight for last years fair. So they are in their own pen waiting until the weekend when they will be butchered assuming it isnt to hot, heavy rain forecast so probly cool/cold.

I asked DH if we could wait until we moved to butcher....he said no lol. I just figured its easier to move a live goat then a dead frozen one.:oops:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Unless you have a freezer on wheels I would agree! I hope they are tasty. I've only had goat once, at a local Nepalese restaurant. It was a bit tough. Not sure if that is normal or if I just got a "bad one".

Latest posts