Misfitmorgan's Journal - That Summer Dust

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have jumped out in the middle of thin air so many times it ain't funny. I am careful, calculating, examine everything before making a move, then I go and do something totally off the wall and somehow, it turns out ok. LOL But it is kinda hard to move livestock hundreds of miles in the back seat. Even I wouldn't do that. :lol: Buying our trailer was a good investment.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH brought the sheep and goats back on Sunday. Almost every single one looks good!! Only two who seemed a bit skinny were the white lamb and dukette. We are waiting for the warm up coming supposedly this weekend to worm and do ear tags for those missing them still. Goats looks like they need their hooves looked at as well but sheep are good as they were trimmed when they got sheared.

We may have some out of season lambs as I just found out 3 days ago that the mutts are according to the previous owner...not seasonal :smack Some are looking pretty wide already but so do the goats so i'm hoping they are all just fat :D =D

Made ribs for dinner oh they were so so good. Since we were low on pork i picked up some ribs on BOGO at meijers so I got 3 dinners plus enough left for 2-3 lunches of ribs for $13.....here is a picture of DHs plate :drool :drool they were really nice and over an inch thick even on the "thin" end
1109192026a.jpg

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have jumped out in the middle of thin air so many times it ain't funny. I am careful, calculating, examine everything before making a move, then I go and do something totally off the wall and somehow, it turns out ok. LOL But it is kinda hard to move livestock hundreds of miles in the back seat. Even I wouldn't do that. :lol: Buying our trailer was a good investment.

I have too just trying to be different this time....adulting sucks

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haha, I've always been crazy-it works for me. But sometimes it is the best thing to be prepared. A move like that would have to have some of the details worked out, then be ready to roll with the punches because things always go awry and not according to plan.

I know all two well how awry things can go after the whole buying a house fisaco here.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Didn't miss it, just jealous! Looks good. Like other things, if I wanted that I'd be making 2 dinners. One for me and one for the others. I'm not all that fond of cooking after being the "head chef" for the last 40 years that I want to make more than one meal at a time.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Didn't miss it, just jealous! Looks good. Like other things, if I wanted that I'd be making 2 dinners. One for me and one for the others. I'm not all that fond of cooking after being the "head chef" for the last 40 years that I want to make more than one meal at a time.

I'm less nice...I make what i want to eat and if someone doesn't like it they can make their own food.

Respecting someones food needs and wishes is a two way street. I will respect that someone is a vegan or a vegetarian or has a diet restriction or allergy as long as they respect that I DON'T and don't make rude comments or be a butt when things are not to their liking. Thats called selfish and laziness. And no that doesn't mean i am going to cook food for you 29 of 30 days and then 1 day for myself :lol: