Misfitmorgan's Journal - That Summer Dust

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
:ep
That is horrible!!!!!! And I suppose all he has at the moment is a restraining order to stay away from your niece.

Give her some :hugs from me because she surely needs that.

Yes the whole thing is horrible. Yes there is a restraining order now but only after he stopped at the house to check the mail and texted my sister to check the mail more often. He seems to not really be in touch with reality so much after this all happened which is what got her scared. I will give her a hug when I see her again.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a terrible ordeal for your sister and her daughter. I hope that justice is served and they can pick up the pieces of their life and start over.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My sister and her 5 kids are doing ok. My niece is/was young enough that it doesnt seem to be causing her problems atm. The worst part of the entire thing for my niece is they have now made her give statements twice and are making her give a statement on the stand against her father. It seems overly cruel and like they should not be allowed to require her to do that. My niece is only 11yrs old and I think that is a lot to ask of any child.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
My sister and her 5 kids are doing ok. My niece is/was young enough that it doesnt seem to be causing her problems atm. The worst part of the entire thing for my niece is they have now made her give statements twice and are making her give a statement on the stand against her father. It seems overly cruel and like they should not be allowed to require her to do that. My niece is only 11yrs old and I think that is a lot to ask of any child.
I agree with you, it is extremely cruel to make that girl get on the stand....at 69 years old I am still bothered by my own experiences being molested as a young child...I wish my parents had talked to me about it and told me that it wasn't my fault, that things would be ok, back then it wasn't talked about and was kept a secret....I'm sure your sister and family is being very supportive of her :hugs ....my heart goes out to you and your family :love...please give your niece a big hug for me.....I am so sorry she is forced to testify in court, that is about as horrific as being molested :hit

Last edited:

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree with you, it is extremely cruel to make that girl get on the stand....at 69 years old I am still bothered by my own experiences being molested as a young child...I wish my parents had talked to me about it and told me that it wasn't my fault, that things would be ok, back then it wasn't talked about and was kept a secret....I'm sure your sister and family is being very supportive of her :hugs ....my heart goes out to you and your family :love...please give your niece a big hug for me.....I am so sorry she is forced to testify in court, that is about as horrific as being molested :hit

I know things used to be different back when, and I'm sorry you didnt get the support you needed. We have told our niece many times and in many ways that none of this is her fault and she didnt do a thing wrong. She was walking around for awhile after he got arrested, very upset thinking her siblings would hate her if their dad went to jail because of her. We made sure that point was set straight for sure.
I just hope mostly for her sake this is all over soon.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
and are making her give a statement on the stand against her father.
I thought they had kids do a video away from the courtroom?? I agree, it would be traumatizing for an adult let alone a child.

Dad isn't going to jail because of her, he's going to jail (I hope) because of him!

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought they had kids do a video away from the courtroom?? I agree, it would be traumatizing for an adult let alone a child.

Dad isn't going to jail because of her, he's going to jail (I hope) because of him!
I dont know. They made her do a statement, then a recording and then told my sister she had to go on the stand as well. I dont understand why they are making her do it that way. I told my sister to ask her lawyer if they are allowed to make her go on the stand being that she is a minor and they have a written statement and a video statement already. We are just hoping it's all over soon.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I went to church with 3 women whose father had sex with each one. None of them knew he was molesting the other sisters, they thought that they were keeping their sisters "safe" from him. The youngest finally blew the whistle on him, he went to prison and died there. One of them has taken a sleeping pill all her life or she has nightmares where he is coming for her. There is no punishment that is harsh enough for a monster like that.