Misfitmorgan's Journal - That Summer Dust

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Happy New Year, Miss @misfitmorgan!
Thank you, Happy Late New Years to you as well @Senile_Texas_Aggie

Hello All!

The hoop house has been done for awhile now and it came out great so far no issues. The middle top ended up being about 9ft if i recall right. DH is 6' 4" but still had to get a ladder. Pulling over was the easiest part to be honest. We tied a rock with rope to the plastic on each corner then tied the rope ends to half full water bottles and threw them over the top. Took 3 tries to get the rope over but then we just walked and held the rope. I know DH has pictures of the hoop house with the plastic on so i will share it when he sends it to me. Cost ended up being around $800 total or a 12ftx32ft hoop house but we did have used plastic, most of the lumber already and windows for venting.

We had one of our turkeys for thanksgiving and it was delicious!

Ivy's daughter had a son about mid November i think. Don't recall for sure but he is doing great and a handsome little boy. All the goats appear to be bred and should start kidding later this month or February.

So far winter is warmer then usual which I am enjoying a lot. Not much else going on.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Really wish Latestarter was still with us. I think about him a lot. I never met him in person but I still notice his absence on the forum pretty darn often.
Me too, I was thinking about him yesterday and thought he would sure have a lot to say about our current situation here in the USA, lol...I miss Joe alot :love:flypig

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Didn't know him near as long as some, but we had several discussions about beef .... and he was the first to welcome new members....
Wonder how his kids are doing....
That's what got me thinking about him, seeing the new members forum and no LS welcoming everyone.