Misfitmorgan's Journal - That Summer Dust

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
As you all know, I am not a goat person, but that is a very nice looking sire and dam so I hope the young one is as good. I do love the moon spots though. They are chunky with alot of meat.
Thank you. We are after meat and I love the moonspots. Both mom and dad had the gene for moonspots so hoping for some spotty kids.

Last edited:

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok I think we have made the choice to just buy a shed we want the correct size for the main coop. We looked at two shed/mini barn places and the prices are really pretty reasonable and we wouldnt have the stress of having to build the main part in the next 3-5 weeks. We would simply need to add in wiring for lights and plugs and could use it. The difference of us building it vs buying a shed/barn is only about $500 and these are legitimately amish built sheds/barns so the quality is there for what they are.

Only real downside is currently the one company has a 5 weeks wait until delivery(3 weeks wait on built and 2 weeks wait on delivery) We could possibly get around that by getting a lot model but that means we can't change anything.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Never enough time, hurry up and wait. Be sure and show us pictures when you get it!
I will, we are looking at lot models atm. We are either going to get a 10x12 "garden shed" or a 12x20 "garden shed" like the ones below. If we do a 10x12 if only has one window.
1588693651810.png

If we do the 10x12 that would be the main main coop, if we do 12x20 that would be the main coop, the turkey coop and a little room for feed. We are hoping they have a lot model without windows, shutters or flower boxes because we would rather add "livestock style" barn windows with hardware cloth vs the screens in the standard windows and its a few hundred dollars cheaper. I will let you guys know what we decide and share pics when it gets here.

The other thing to think about is where to put it as it needs a limestone pad and access from the road. Where we want it ideally would mean it has to go thru the orchard which probly isnt possible because of tree limbs.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The place I am using does offer it but it is about $1200 more and cant be built until construction restrictions are lifted here.

I think we are going to use the old driveway they used to log the place off. The single blue line is the old driveway for logging(brush has grown further into the property then it shows here as this picture is from 2016) The red rectangles are proposed locations for the shed. The multi colored double lines are approximately the new lanes for fence lines DH put in.
1588938363187.png

So using the old logging road would take some clearing work but not horrible thanks to DHs work pushing back the brush last year.