Misfitmorgan's Journal - That Summer Dust

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Also we are pretty sure Pilgrim died from old age. He was a show llama before DH ever got him which was before DH found him at a hoarders. DH got him with his mother, brother and sister, pilgrim was the oldest kid. So given the time DH had him with the ex-wife and how long we had him and how long would be required for gestation and weaning each kid, the youngest we can estimate his age at is 12yrs old. Pilgrim's mother died from old age, his brother i guess was kind of mentally deficient and died oddly but i dont remember how DH said he died, and his sister died from a heart attack caused by VSD.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Like Bay, I couldn't like the first post despite all the good stuff you accomplished. So sorry about your mom. She's going to do what she's going to do. I hope she isn't suffering too much pain wise. I know you're suffering pain as well, but emotional. :hugs Glad to hear that Pilgrim was probably old age vice something else.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Come on now don't be like that. We had a good weekend, we got a lot done, it was beautiful sunny weather. Something bad is happening for my mother yes, but thats why i put it at the end. I want you guys to know what is going on but i dont want to spoil my journal with negative stuff all the time.

I'm hopeful things will turn out ok for my mom, she has some hard stuff to go thru and so do we but we will do what needs done and enjoy our time until then. Two things plants and livestock have in common, neither wait for a hurting heart. As far as amount of pain she is in, she has been in pain for months, she has been lying to herself that her tumor was getting better without kemo or any normal cancer treatments. She can no longer think that is the case and the thing she was worried about in the first place which was the mastectomy and being sick is happening anyway. We shall see what happens but for now i'm going to focus on the excellent weekend we had outside.

As always i thank you guys for your well wishes and your support :hugs

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Perhaps she will decide getting conventional treatment, now that the "unconventional" has proven not to work for her, can't be worse than what is happening now and could improve her life. If not, well that is her decision, hard as it is for you to think about. :hugs

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's very possible, she obviously wants to be with them. I'm more worried about her getting beat up then i am worried about the sheep and goats getting hurt. Rosie really seems she wants to be close to the babies but the moms don't want her near them.

Not much to report here, animals are doing well. We went to my moms last night and hung out, got home around 10:30 and went to bed. I'm excited for spring to get here finally, they are forecasting 6 inches of snow over the next 2 days, i hope they are wrong....the ground is thawed i dont want any snow.

Latest posts