Misfitmorgan's Journal - That Summer Dust

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm just going to count my blessings that I dont have to drink water from Houston. We are not allowed to do that here, DEQ would have your A** and you would be reported so fast your head would spin.
"I've seen the time I've drank out of a filthy hoofprint - and was glad to get it."
:)

Any chance ya'll could come down here and gather up all the immigrants from your region (Mi, Ohio, Ill, Ind) and please take 'em back home? I suspect Florida would gladly let you have 'em back from there as well. You might actually gain back the congressional seats (and electoral votes) your state has been losing after every census. Michigan had 19 representatives in the House in 1970. It lost one after the 1980 census, two after 1990, one after the 2000 census, and another after 2010. Going to lose at least one more in 2020's census too.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...-states-could-change-with-2020-census?slide=7
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...states-could-change-with-2020-census?slide=16

From the Mackinac Center research on population shifts:
"People move to Texas from all over. When we shift the focus to specific pairs of states, Florida remains the top migration choice for outbound Michigan residents. According to Internal Revenue Service data, a net total of approximately 68,000 Michiganders moved to the Sunshine State between 2000 and the end of 2008. Texas ranks second for outbound Wolverines. From 2007 to 2008, 12,748 of our fellow residents moved there, while 5,272 Texans came to Michigan, for a net outflow to the Lone Star State of 7,746.

The IRS data can actually be broken down by county. The gross outflow from Michigan's three biggest counties to Texas appears to have increased dramatically. For example, the number of people moving from Macomb County to Texas increased from approximately 200 between 2003 and 2004 to 748 between 2007 and 2008, a 274 percent difference. Their most frequent destination was the Dallas/Fort Worth area. For people from Oakland and Wayne Counties, the Texas county of Harris, which includes Houston, was the most popular."
https://www.mackinac.org/V2010-15

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Still happy i dont have to drink houston water. Yes lots of people move from michigan to southern states, i didnt say there was anything wrong with that. I didnt say there was anything wrong with texas or flordia either. I myself hope to move out of michigan, until then i have to abide by the things we are allowed to do here.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
It's more and more appearing that we've "lost" another for whatever reason... Haven't seen hide nor hair of @AClark in quite a spell either. :( I can't call up her profile as I'm "blocked"/not allowed access, so can't see when she was last on or send her a PM to try to catch her attention... I just hope it wasn't something bad, that has prevented them from stopping in.

Last edited: