Misfitmorgan's Journal - That Summer Dust

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH looks like.."Don't you kick me or run off yet".

What kind of grass is that in the pasture you just fenced off?
Looks dried out compared to the bright green in a low spot further down the fence.
Did it grow that tall during the winter and is left over or something that came in this spring?

I so wish i lived in the south. Grass does not grow here in winter at all....it dies.

There are 2 or 3 types of grass in that pasture. The most common and majority of that pasture grass is a rough bluegrass(tall fescue), perennial ryegrass and orchard grass in the mix too. What your seeing in that picture is a field tile, it runs thru that part of the property and acts sort of like a creek for most of the year but a creek that grass always grows in. It does have a different type of "grass" growing there but i am not sure off hand what it is. It appears to be some sort of possibly marsh grass.

The brown grass is what grew that tall after DH brushhogged it early last summer, then it died in winter of course. DH has plans on brushhogging the pasture again if it becomes a problem but typically the livestock will eat the dried along with the green. It's actually great for a new pasture when they have not been on lush green...they get some dry in each bite.

The new section has hardly no thatch in it and the section after their current one should have zero thatch because it was tilled last year.

That look he has, is as if he expects the ram to act out and is ready for "Action", sitting so close to a ram. They look really nice....:)

He had just corrected the ram :lol: That there is our dominant ram so he is a little more stubborn then our other ram and he was getting a halter lesson as well so he was not pleased.

Did i mention DH still has the shear the llama???

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dr appt with my mom yesterday to get her offical test results.
Stage 4 triple positive her2 positive metastatic, it has moved into her lungs as well. Still refusing chemo but open to hormone therapy. :hit

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the diagnosis was bad. Maybe you should try to realize that your mom doesn't want her quality of life to be lousy with treatments that she doesn't want, and doesn't believe will help her. Half the treatment is BELIEVING it will work. I am really sorry for you, and for her. You have been through enough but somehow you will manage this. Enjoy the time she has, try to support whatever she opts to do, and don't make her or yourself crazy wishing her to do what she just doesn't believe in. Yes there are miracles, and maybe one of the very aggressive treatments might work, but it won't if she doesn't believe with her heart that it will.
Thoughts and prayers for you all.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the diagnosis was bad. Maybe you should try to realize that your mom doesn't want her quality of life to be lousy with treatments that she doesn't want, and doesn't believe will help her. Half the treatment is BELIEVING it will work. I am really sorry for you, and for her. You have been through enough but somehow you will manage this. Enjoy the time she has, try to support whatever she opts to do, and don't make her or yourself crazy wishing her to do what she just doesn't believe in. Yes there are miracles, and maybe one of the very aggressive treatments might work, but it won't if she doesn't believe with her heart that it will.
Thoughts and prayers for you all.

I do realize exactly why she is doing what is is doing and it has nothing to do with quality of life.
She doesnt not believe chemo will work....she just believes it is a last resort. Not everyone's quality of life on chemo is lousy, we met several people who did fine and just felt like they had the flu...of course we met others who did have a bad time. It's per person and situation as with anything. I'm not over here telling my mother she has to do chemo, i told her i would like if she did but she knows i'm not going to hate her for not doing it and i'm ok if she doesnt. I just hope she makes it more then a year so she can be at my wedding but if she doesnt she can be there in spirit like my brother and step- mother.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just remember that we are here for You....and some of us have been thru this very thing before. Not to lessen the recent periods that ya have experienced too, but it does help to have others to lean on during these times. I, for one, will be here if/when ya need someone to talk to and feel free to PM me anytime. :hugs

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just remember that we are here for You....and some of us have been thru this very thing before. Not to lessen the recent periods that ya have experienced too, but it does help to have others to lean on during these times. I, for one, will be here if/when ya need someone to talk to and feel free to PM me anytime. :hugs

Thank much @CntryBoy777 :hugs

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hugs that's a tough situation. I know you will support your mom no matter what. Prayers that she still has a good quality of life for as long as possible.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that news... While cancer used to be a death sentence, and they have found many types that can be stopped, it's still a major killer. Have they given a time estimate for your mom? When my dad went to stage 4 (after 3 separate treatments of chemo over about an 18 month period) he decided not to pursue chemo a 4th time and was gone within 3 months. The chemo would not have helped enough to offset the cost financially and physically. It might have given him another month, and he would have been weak and quality of life would have been nil.

Maybe you can move the wedding up a year? If you really want your mom there, it might be the only option. I hope you both can make the best of the time she has left.