Misfitmorgan's Journal - That Summer Dust

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am so sorry about the Hereford litter. :hit You know how much I admire and love those beautiful Herefords. What a disappointment. Yes you have shelter, but it needs improvements to make it work for you and the animals. :( I cannot fathom what it is like to raise animals in such cold temperatures.

Your sheep are building igloos. :barnie

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am so sorry about the Hereford litter. :hit You know how much I admire and love those beautiful Herefords. What a disappointment. Yes you have shelter, but it needs improvements to make it work for you and the animals. :( I cannot fathom what it is like to raise animals in such cold temperatures.

Your sheep are building igloos. :barnie

It does suck, if it had been a larger litter they would have had a better shot. She was a first timer so her litter was only 5 piglets which is really really small.

It did kind of look like igloos :lol:

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is Espresso
0220191828b.jpg
0220191829a.jpg

Left to right is Latte('s butt), the June ram lamb, and Espresso
0220191829b.jpg

Latte, June ram lamb, and Espresso
0220191829c.jpg

They are hard to take pictures of because the girls wanna be in your face. The june ram lamb is not really growing, not sure if it is because winter came when he was only 4 months old or he just isnt genetically very good. He is the first lamb of i think 308(or 310), he was pretty small are birth. He is now 7 months old and should be 150+lbs....he is maybe 80-90lbs. We are also not power feeding him though and until he was moved with the girls he did have to compete with the adult herd for grain/food.

The girls are still looking very hippy even after worming so i'm concerned about what is going on there.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe the ram lamb is just a runt?

I dont think so just because his dad and mom are both huge. Both of our rams and 310 and 308(triplets sisters) are our biggest sheep. People see them and can't believe how big they are. In pictures you just can't tell how big the sheep are.

Guess anything is possible though:hu

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I guess I better put this here. I am not really wanting to but if I am gone for awhile I want you guys to know why and that I personally am probly ok.

So you all remember that my mom had breast cancer, she refused treatment. The tumor ruptured and she had an emergency mastectomy, the doctor told her if that was the only cancer in her body she was then cancer free and to go get some tests done to check. She of course didnt get the tests.

Fast forward to about 6 months ago(i think) she went to the doctor because she thought her had pneumonia, so they did an x-ray and told her to go to an oncologist asap because she has masses in her lungs. She didn't because she didn't want chemo or radiation.

A few weeks ago my mom had a seizure at work, and then a second on the way to the hospital in the ambulance. They ran some tests at the local hospital and then put her in an ambulance to a big hospital down state because they saw masses in her brain and her brain was swelled which is what caused the seizures. She was in the big hospital for 3 days while they did a bunch of tests.

The short version is my mother has lung cancer, bone cancer and brain cancer. She is still refusing chemo or radiation. They have her on anti-seizure medication and a medicine to keep her brain from swelling for now. During the seizures she also did something to chip her hip bone so she is still healing from that but it does seem to be healing. The diagnosis was 6 weeks to 6 months without treatment before she dies, she refused to let them take biopsies to get a better diagnosis. My mother is 58yrs old, I am not ready to lose her yet.

In late December we found out my sister-in-law also has cancer. A very aggressive form of cancer in her genitals. They did surgery to remove the tumors, then did more surgery and more surgery. She has now had 5 surgeries to remove tumors since the beginning of January. She is not healing correctly and the tumors are growing back to the same size of bigger then they were before removal within about 2 weeks of surgery. They want to give her chemo and radiation as soon as she heals from surgery but they can't get her to heal because the tumor growth is so rapid. The prognosis for her is also not good. She is 39yrs old and was the wife of my late brother.

These things plus our foster kid and work is the main reason we have not been able to get things accomplished on the farm we we should and is likely contributing to our losses this season. I do know other people in our area are having large losses in well, I don't think all this has helped. This has also eaten up almost all of the money we did get back on taxes this year which was suppose to go to fencing, trailer, dozer parts, etc....so we will have to figure that out still.