Misfitmorgan's Journal - That Summer Dust

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well she did say that they would have Internet issues at the new place sooooo, Prayers that's the problem. :fl

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
But they haven't closed on it yet! It is/was scheduled for the Sept 29th.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry everyone....BYH hasnt been sending me any notifications at all to my email and and almost none here it seems and ive been to busy at work to check here.

So update.....

Closing is still Sept 29th as far as we know.

We had to get the utilities turned on electric took 6 days to turn on and that whole time i was fighting with the gas companies to find out who serviced the house. They all kept telling me the other one owned the line. I finally went up to the house and got the serial number off the meter and was also to give it to the gas company so it is on as of 9am this morning.

We are going after work today to flush the lines because they were winterized, then let the hot water heater fill so it can be lit. We need to clean the furnace and light it, normally the gas company does this but the furnace hasnt been used in some time like years, the outdoor boiler was ducted into the existing heating system just past the furnace so that should all be fine. So the gas guy said clean it out and then we would need to light it ourselves. After we make sure there are no water leaks and the water heater is full and the lines flush we need to turn of the breaker for the well.

The appraisal hopefully will be done Monday and submitted Tuesday.

To my knowledge we have all the closing costs covered, all paperwork into the bank, credit was ran again. I signed the initial loan package and returned it to the bank. So as soon as the appraisal is done, they will send me the official loan packet(first one was estimated) then the processor just needs to put the packet together and give it to the under writer...then we get a yay or a nay.

Everyone hope for a yay and we get to finalize the closing date.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sure glad to Hear from ya!!.....sounds like things have been chugging along and hope the filling, cleaning, and lighting all goes without a hitch. I think I would fill and drain that tank a few times to make sure the sediment stays out of the water lines....just in case of rust or particles that could slow or clogg the faucets and feed in lines....especially if it has been that long a time since there was flow. If ya have a compressor....small one like for a tire...or a can of air for cleaning computers and such....blow out the pilot light hole before turning it on to flush any dust or particles that may have settled there. You probably know all that already, but just a reminder.....:)

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you @CntryBoy777

The house was winterized fall of 2016 so shouldnt be too bad as far as water lines go but we are planning on flushing it out a few times and removing all faucet screens/shower heads before we run water thru them.

We are taking our shop vac to clean the furnace, the blower function on it should be enough to clean out the pilot hole....its a shop vac from a dentists office. Interesting fact...did you know every time you use one of those shop vacs from a dentist it reminds you of the dentist.....i rarely use it but it is super powerful. Any how just gonna take the vacuum and hope it all goes well.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
She's aliiiiiiive!!! :weee

and removing all faucet screens/shower heads before we run water thru them.
You beat me to it, I was going to suggest that.

REALLY weird that they will let you go mess around in the house before closing. In fact I would think it would be the responsibility of the owner (bank) AND in the contract that all those things are done and all systems working properly at the time of closing.

Glad things are progressing.

T-15 - Roger

Latest posts