Misfitmorgan's Journal - That Summer Dust

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Repair man is done. He took off the old gas valve and was inspecting it which is when he noticed the orifice for the pilot light was plugged. He cleaned it out, re-installed the valve and tadaa furnace is lit. Cost $0 :weee

The realtor is ordering the appraisal.

The repair guy is a friend of a friend....he insisted we pay him nothing we insisted we at least take him to dinner or drinks for his time.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It looks like y'all will be skidding into closing long enough to sign up for the Official Moving program, then onto finish packing! That is just awesome about the furnace. Fantastic. You sure needed a break, and you got one.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It looks like y'all will be skidding into closing long enough to sign up for the Official Moving program, then onto finish packing! That is just awesome about the furnace. Fantastic. You sure needed a break, and you got one.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think there is some confusion here. My bank is a CU locally and does not own the house.
Yeah, I remembered that some time after I posted :oops:

T-7 if you don't count today (which is closer to done than not) but do count Friday (closing day)

:weee on the furnace and the ZERO charge! Most of those people around here charge at least $50 just to show up.

I'm surprised you have gas on that road given the rural nature but :celebrateThe gas company here doesn't do anything that isn't city though there are some really odd isolated "spurs" that are rural and a good distance from any other service area and nothing in between. I have no idea why they would dig a pipeline and not at least provide service to anything along it.

Last edited:

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pretty sure we won't be closing on friday but i'm hopeful still. We really need to get this wrapped up and get livestock moved because the sheep and goats will be breeding soon.

We sold all the piglets from our mid-summer litters except 3 gilt and 1 boar, the boar is suppose to be spoke for already as well and my sister said she is probly going to take a couple so that will leave us 1 gilt we may keep for a back up. We also have a reliable spring order for 30 piglets already. Someone is interested in buying one of our gilts we were holding back but decided we didnt like how she was growing.

Red pig is going to be butchered, Eva is being pretty much given away(i cant eat her) which DH isnt super happy about lol. So that will leave us with Spot pig who is going to her own barn soon, Sarah, Laverne, the two hereford gilts, our hereford boar, two barrows, and the gilt we will hold back from the current litters.