1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Nice to see some Back Yard Chickens members here. Let's feature one this week. - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Misfitmorgan's Journal -Summer Finally Showed Up

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by misfitmorgan, Apr 26, 2016.

1. May 6, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

So sorry to hear.....:hugs
    Ours are certainly with ya all.......:hugs

B&B Happy goats likes this.
  2. May 6, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Praying for you all, i am so sorry for you and your family :hugs:hugs:(

CntryBoy777 likes this.
  3. May 6, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

I'm sorry they didn't tell you, I would be upset as well. Good thing you called when you did and your dad decided to let you in on her status. :hugs

CntryBoy777 and B&B Happy goats like this.
  4. May 6, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Big hugs. I am sorry for you and your family. We are here for you. We might not be able to do much, but we can listen and send our prayers.

CntryBoy777 and B&B Happy goats like this.
  5. May 7, 2019
    misfitmorgan

misfitmorgan Herd Master

I got called yesterday around 10:30 from my dad and he asked me to come help him with my mom so she could go to the hospital cause he was worried about her. After i got there mom refused to go, so dad called hospice. The lady that came out was super nice. They are sending a bed today for mom, and they left us with morphine and lorzapam for mom yesterday. They didnt get there until about 5pm gave her morphine at around 6pm and by 7pm she was sleeping deeply which I'm glad about. She has been in so much pain, i'm glad it helped. Working with medical before, i know what the morphine means and I know my mom knows too.

My mom is a bit confused but she is still herself. I found out yesterday the stupid doctor took her off the steroid she was on...that was keeping the swelling in her brain down. He said it wasnt good for her bones...i was like are you f*ing kidding...yes thats the big concern atm :he:somad I dont know when he took her off of them, i only know it was between Easter and when she fell down so i am wondering if that is related to her confusion and seemingly out of no where rapid decline. I'm going to see if hospice will put her back on the steroid at least until my brother can get her in a few days so mom can say her goodbyes still being mom. I know it won't extend her life but I know she wants to see my brother who she hasnt seen in almost 2yrs now. I'm just hoping for a bit more mental clarity for her for a bit.

Thank you all for your support and prayers.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  6. May 7, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

7. May 7, 2019
    Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Herd Master

8. May 7, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

I hope she can hang in there until your brother gets there.

9. May 7, 2019
    misfitmorgan

misfitmorgan Herd Master

Realistically her life expectancy is currently 2-3 weeks, the 3 weeks is being optimistic. My goal is just for my brother to get her to see my mom when she is still alert and awake/able to speak. He is going to be shocked last time he saw our mom she weighed about 175, at her last doctor visit right before Easter she was down to 147 and she has lost more weight since then. She also has moonface from the steroids. So he is in for a bit of a shock.

Mom has totally lost her appetite, she says nothing tastes good and other things she can't seem to keep down. Dad has been making her protein drinks(ensure type) mixed with heavy cream just for the calories the last few days but i dont know how much longer she will be able to drink those either. It's a terrible situation, do you try to keep calories in her and try to keep her more aware, the calories will prolong her suffering and being more aware will be more stressful but not feeding her something feels like neglecting her and we dont want her to just starve to death, we also want her to be able to say her last goodbyes. It's like we just are not sure what decisions are helping her or hurting her and what ones she would want at this point.

10. May 7, 2019
    Wehner Homestead

Wehner Homestead Herd Master

I’m so sorry. I’ve held many hands as they slipped away and helped many families through the decision making process at the end of life. My heart breaks for you! :hugs:hugs