Misfitmorgan's Journal - That Summer Dust

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m so sorry. I’ve held many hands as they slipped away and helped many families through the decision making process at the end of life. My heart breaks for you! :hugs:hugs

Thank you :hugs

Went and saw mom yesterday, she has again taken a rapid down spiral. She can could barely talk yesterday and is on oxygen now. My little brother will be in detroit at 6pm today, then he is renting a car and driving up so he should be home by 9-10pm today. My SIL and all the grandkids from that side are here and will see mom today. My sister and he family went down to missouri last wee kand were suppose to come back Saturday...I don know if they have changed theirs plans or not.

It's hard to see/watch I am however focusing on the fact that my mom is still alive and I can see her, I will worry about crying over her death after it happens. I am terribly sad about losing my mom, I have to keep things together and kep a clear head though so I can help the rest of the family and help arrange travels stuff for them.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
The thing that we didn't know beforehand was that my mom lost the ability to talk the last 4 days and it was difficult to know what she needed.....I just tried to keep her comfortable as she passed....the last thing she ate was 1 bite of spaghetti 3 days before....the ability to swallow is affected and it is better to not give anything eat or drink or it could block an airway.......:hugs

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I found out yesterday the stupid doctor took her off the steroid she was on...that was keeping the swelling in her brain down. He said it wasnt good for her bones...i was like are you f*ing kidding...yes thats the big concern atm
:thYeah that is about as important now as worrying about her becoming addicted to opioids.
:hugs

It's a terrible situation, do you try to keep calories in her and try to keep her more aware, the calories will prolong her suffering and being more aware will be more stressful but not feeding her something feels like neglecting her and we dont want her to just starve to death, we also want her to be able to say her last goodbyes.
Her body is shutting down, at this point I think she wants to see your brother so if the suffering lasts a little longer it is her choice and for a purpose. Tell her you love her and she can go whenever she is ready.
:hugs :hugs

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The thing that we didn't know beforehand was that my mom lost the ability to talk the last 4 days and it was difficult to know what she needed.....I just tried to keep her comfortable as she passed....the last thing she ate was 1 bite of spaghetti 3 days before....the ability to swallow is affected and it is better to not give anything eat or drink or it could block an airway.......:hugs

My mom simply loss her apetite, i believe its to much pain and she said nothing tastes good. Dad said she had a little ice cream yesterday. She had 3 banana slices the day before.

:thYeah that is about as important now as worrying about her becoming addicted to opioids.
:hugs

Her body is shutting down, at this point I think she wants to see your brother so if the suffering lasts a little longer it is her choice and for a purpose. Tell her you love her and she can go whenever she is ready.
:hugs :hugs

I dont know what she is thinking really. Last night when my uncle showed up she asked why all these people were coming instead of waiting until she got better. I almost lost it then and broke down sobbing as soon as i got out of mom and dads sight.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My heart breaks for you. My Daddy died of bone cancer, it was awful. He didn't want to take the pain medicine because he didn't want to become addicted. How could we tell him not to worry about it? I was Daddy's girl and I still miss him. I don't know how you feel, but I know how I felt and I was deeply grieved. PM me if you want to talk.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I dont know what she is thinking really. Last night when my uncle showed up she asked why all these people were coming instead of waiting until she got better. I almost lost it then and broke down sobbing as soon as i got out of mom and dads sight.
:hit That is crushing.
I had assumed she knows she'll not be here a whole lot longer. Have the doctors not talked to her about her prognosis?