Misfitmorgan's Journal - That Summer Dust

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not a lot to report here. We are working on pasture fence and spring things. We have all the T-posts in on the first pasture, the corners posts in, the metal corner braces in, and the gate hung....next stop the page then electric insulators then electric wire and charger/ground rods.....then sheep! WE are also wanting to put down a nice pasture mix where we have bare ground which isnt a ton but we keep getting temps below freezing at night lately so we are waiting.

We have also made the choice that if market prices stay good all of our ram lambs are going to the auction this year along with the buck Ivy's daughter had. Not sure what is going on with the goats but the only one to kid was ivy's daughter last fall and the only one looking prego atm is phoebe's daughter who is currently making a bag.

The garden is tilled and waiting for warm weather, I have some seeds to start here in the house and a bunch of new bulbs for the flower beds that need to be planted. We also got different types of morning glories and a moonflower to go on a decorative/ sound buffer fence we want to build in the front yard. We shall see if that happens this year or not....hopefully it does.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The
New pasture getting fenced in! Fencing is one of those jobs that is so satisfying when done, but lots of work going on until finished. Congrats, you are almost there.

Hope you get the sound buffer fence up, have you considered cow panels?
The lots of work part is right! we are doing everything very beefy this time as we want the fence to outlast us...because we never wasnt to have to do it again lol. This is the first pasture of manys so lots of fencing left...sadly.

We did look at cattle panels and hog panels, originally wanting to use those. After more research I found out though that it takes a 10ft width of greenery to even see a tiny bit of reduction of noise, so we are now thinking we will use a wooden fence for the morning glories and moonflowers to climb on. I would like a tight picket fence, but we shall see what happens. My current vision is a tight picket fence with a narrow flowerbed below it for planting the flowers into and maybe some stones or blocks for the front edge of the flowerbed.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
After 4 years of hoping we finally had moonspotted Boers, we had a set of twin girl moonspotted boers. The smaller girl didnt survive(there is a thread on her and her white muscle disease) her sister is doing well. For anyone who reads my journal, this is Jupiter.

Attachments

• 20210429_132353.jpg
    20210429_132353.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 71

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes she is adorable! And yes we have a moonspotted boer buck named Mr. Goat I posted pics on him I believe last summer when we got him. He is not an awesome looking buck for muscling but he sure is pretty. We were hoping for moonspotting for several years now and getting bucks who had spots in their past, as well as phoebe's dad was moonspotted. Phoebe's daughter FB is the mom of the two moonspottd kids. 3 other goats look prego so we will see what they give us, this set of twins was his first offspring for us.