Misfitmorgan's Journal - That Summer Dust

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
cool looking cupcakes!
Thank you!

Ya did a good job on those cupcakes....and it looks like DH is getting things in order in the barn fairly quickly....everything is sure looking Good and sooo glad ya are working on your own place, I know that is certainly comforting knowing that too....:)
It is a lot of work but it is nice knowing it is for our own place and not other people.

:ep If those are 40# bales (likely the lightest they might be) that is over 14,000 pounds!

Good work on the barn, no moss grows under your feet or DH's!
The lightest is about 45lbs but they go up to 100lbs pretty easily, i would say the average is 65lbs per bale. Let me tell you what though my back still hurts :old We try to get as much done as we can each day and hope we make it to a reasonable state before snow flies. Atm the pigs are all set with the exception of their water tank which needs to be moved to the new place and an insulation box built around it. DH is going to make the box so he can put full bales of hay all around the tank and a thick layer underneath.

What a smart idea, putting the hay over the pigs! Things are coming together.
DH thought of it actually, he is a very smart man. The only downside is now the workshop feels crowded but that could be the almost 200 bales stacked on the floor :lol:

Mr Pig and Helga got out of their new pen(gate was held shut with twine) and made a mess of the shop...it is like half cleaned up atm.

Between Hay, a pile of tin we were given and the free wood stack....the shop is getting pretty dang crowded. We also have 55 round bales we need to move onto the new place...when that will happen i dunno.:hide

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
At the rate you guys work, I suspect your next post will tell us you got the round bales moved. ;)
It has to feel great knowing the hard work is finally for you on your own place. Real happy y'all are getting so much accomplished the way you want it before winter. You weren't given a long season either, but you'll have a long year coming up to start working, Lord willing. Think of this time as a bonus or O.T. before the game has begun. :celebrate

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well it not that full lol its a big workshop....like something between a 6-8 car garage size.

From a scaled google shot the building are approx 24 x 58 shop, 24 x 30 2 story barn, 18 x 24 goat/sheep shed and 28 x 32 garage.