Misfitmorgan's Journal - That Summer Dust

Sara Ranch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
It's exciting to read and to see your progress!

Does it feel like you aren't doing enough, fast enough?

I feel that way around here. But when I look out, I do see progress. And I know that I need to get off the computer and go make some more progress! :)

Congrats on your new place and ALL the PROGRESS you and DH and friend Tim have made!!!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just remember with each trip made...there is 1 less to make. Y'all will get it done and will be able to collapse for at least a day before putting it in order....no need to push yourself to the point of injury...that wouldn't do ya or DH any good at all....:)

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I forgot pictures :smack

It is hunting season after all and it is a bit busy here:hide

We didnt really get anything done this weekend because of a series of unfortunate events. :(

DH and i were to go to the blind after work on friday instead of being off at 2:30 he wasnt off until 4:00 which means only about an hour til dark so we booked it to the blind. Sat out there until 5:30 then headed back to the house. Didnt see a thing.

I grabbed my shopping list for a walmart trip and we were off. We made it to the gas station 4 miles from the house and DH decided to stop for a snack cause we were both starving and....its always bad to go to walmart hungry. Thats when DH realized he forgot his money. So back to the house we went....DH got his money..and we were off again.

About 30-40ft from our driveway going approximately 35mph a buck hit us. The buck was at a dead run and his force along with our 35mph took out the passenger side headlight, passenger side front quarter panel, the grill insert, the decorative chrome piece that goes over the headlights, my $42 chrome bowtie and the insert that goes behind the grill that holds the headlights in, as well as messing up the bumper.

So back home we went, DH grabbed a heavy coat and a knife and went back out to find the buck. He was in the ditch injured enough to not be going anywhere and down, DH cut his throat and tossed him in the back of his truck. He took the buck down to the shop, hung him up and started skinning him out while i assessed the damage to the trailblazer. The buck was not very large despite being 5-7yrs old and having a pitiful 6 point rack, he was obviously fighting for weeks from being in rut and it didnt look like he was winning a lot of fights. DH believes that is what he was on a dead run from, another buck who was kicking his butt. I've seen backstraps larger on a first year buck then on this one, he was in sad shape and had obvious signs of being beat up before the car impact.

So the trailblazer now has several new to me parts and a lovely blue front quarter panel where my matching grey one used to be. Worst part is.....they were all new parts i paid for out of pocket when i hit the deer this past april/may.:th

We have full coverage insurance but the deductable is $500 and i know from last time i bought the same parts to buy them new is around $350-400 so no point.

So yeah we didnt really get much of anything done at the farm this weekend. Hopefully this week is better and i still never made it to walmart.:\

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's the hard way to deer hunt. Maybe you should try deer whistlers on your vehicle.