Misfitmorgan's - Babies 2020

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
:yuckyuck:thumbsup

It's hard to imagine at a day old that all that was contained inside her mom. Even more so when it's twins or more. It's like they are "air sponges" and after being born they double in initial size overnight by "inflating" with the air around them. Congrats on a ewe lamb!

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
She looks like an Imperial Walker from Star Wars - I had to google what they were called, but yeah, she's built like that right now, lol. She's adorable.

You are so right, that is what she looks like!

:yuckyuck:thumbsup

It's hard to imagine at a day old that all that was contained inside her mom. Even more so when it's twins or more. It's like they are "air sponges" and after being born they double in initial size overnight by "inflating" with the air around them. Congrats on a ewe lamb!

I have the same thought LS esp with the ram lambs! She has already grown too!

The ram lamb who is now 2 weeks old had doubled in size and he was heavier then her when he was born. I have noticed the ram lamb was born very very black. Looking at this ewe lamb and our lamb maggie they both came out with that lighter grey body, of course both were sweetie's lambs. I will be interested to see if we get any blues this season. If anyone recalls the ram lamb we had last year from sweetie turned out to be a blue suffolk ram.

I understand your excitement. My favorite 2 ewes each had twins, ewe and ram lambs for each one. I got 2 ewe lambs! Yours is adorable, she is so cute.

It is always nice to get a ewe lamb esp when you are trying to build your flock. Suffolk of any quality are not easy to come by up here. All of our stock except sweetie comes from 3+hrs away. We are hoping to get to a few more ewe this spring, atm we only have 6 adult ewe. We did have 8 ewe but lost two. Congrats on your ewe's too Bay!

The little ewe lamb is doing well and was learning how to make her legs into springs yesterday. She does have a very small amount of frostbite on her ears but shouldnt lose any of her ears. When we found her yesterday she did have a watery right eye and the side of her face was wet. I believe she scratched her eye. Her eyes are clear, bright, no redness, no icky, nothing just seems slightly swollen around that eye and weepy. Sadly her little girl parts may have gotten a bit wind burned before we brought her inside but nothing horrible.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Everyone still seems to be doing well. The ewe lamb's eye is still very watery, i believe she has an inverted eyelid. I will check when i get home and see if we can fix her up.

The polypay and phoebe and cassiopia are very large and should be kidding soon i would think. Next lambing date is 14th but the polypay is not seasonal so could go anytime.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes the ewe lamb did have an inverted eyelid, I turned it back out and hopefully it will stay out. I felt bad doing it but as soon as the lamb realized what i was doing and i assume the pain went away she laid right down and was fine with me. These are the best pics i could get of her eye. Her eye has ulcerated a bit but should heal up fine, we are going to pick up some vetericyn just to be safe. Her bottom lid was the one that was inverted.
20180206_173429.jpg
20180206_173403.jpg
20180206_173436.jpg
20180206_173456.jpg

After i had got her lid turned out she hopped around and then nursed for about 30 minutes. Previously she has been mostly napping and seeming depressed...not acting like a normal lamb.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The ewe lamb nursing/trying to, after (hopefully)being fixed up.
20180206_172754.jpg
20180206_172740.jpg

20180206_173220.jpg

You can see the ram lamb to the right...he is so much darker and a lot more filled out. Height wise the ewe lamb is almost the same height already and she is 2 weeks younger.

Two pics of the ram lamb and his mother 310
20180206_172727.jpg
20180206_172719.jpg

Latest posts