Misfitmorgan's - Babies 2020

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have twice in my life been served what tasted like a wool sweater on a plate...that was gross and mint jelly eww no.
If it tasted like a wool sweater, that is about the only reason I can think of to overpower it with mint jelly. With good lamb, NO mint jelly!

I had only had lamb once, in a restaurant and it was gamy. In doing my research between goats and sheep, hair sheep won me over. We sold our first lambs, slaughtered, and kept a half of one. That was our first taste of hair lamb. It was far less gamy tasting than what I'd had. I compare hair sheep taste to good venison, not a gamy old buck in rut, but good venison, more like a young doe.
Whatever you had in the restaurant wasn't good lamb, it shouldn't be gamy.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here are a couple pics of Fate, before i took her out yesterday. She has pretty much been refusing a bottle and just waits to be put out with her mom. I hate when i have to bring her in at night, Phoebe seems to get so upset.
20180228_125450.jpg
20180228_125432.jpg
20180228_125457.jpg

I have also noticed something odd....Fate does not make noise. She can make noise, she just hasnt since the day after we brought her in. I find it really odd for one a goat kid and for two a 62.5% nubian, the nubians i have met are normally very talkative.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
She is just sad and depressed. She has already told you she doesn't like be separated, now she is just being sad. Sometimes I wish there was a way to tell animals that the things we do are to make them better, protect them from harm and so on. But we just do the best we can and hope for the best. Fate is a pretty little thing. Give her hugs from her Aunt Baymule!

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know she is, when Fate isnt out with her she just lays around and sleeps. She waits for fate to go eat and even skips the grain. Phoebe is holding her weight well despite the lack of appetite. The little boy is the first goat kid she has ever lost and the first time we have ever taken her kids away when they are this young, even part time. I feel so bad for her and almost left Fate out last night but it would just be to cold for her since she is used to the house temps. I have started dropping the house temp to try to give her the easiest acclimation to outside. She is never shaking or cold when i go to get her to bring her inside. Our temps are forecasted to come back down and be in the 30-40s instead of the nice warm days we have been having, so she is getting a coat and only going to be out for an hour or two for awhile. I will give her hugs for you.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm hoping for that too!

Last night Ivy had her kids....yes i said kids with an S. Ivy our FF had twin goat kids, we found them within about 3 minutes of the second one being born. We will be watching them closely as they are smaller and she is an FF. She had one boy and one girl. We made her a temp pen in the shop since the overnights are pretty cold atm for newborn's esp still wet. We towel dried and towel dried but i know their skin was probly still damp.

She is being a good momma, i am concerned she may not have enough milk, her bag wasnt very large for twins. If she has trouble we will remove the female and try co-parenting with ivy using some of phoebe's extra milk.

Piglets are still doing well....we still have 8 of them atm. Ram lamb is posted for sale and piglets are listed.