Misfitmorgan's - Babies 2020

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
For the 2019 lambing/kidding season this is what we have....

310 - 2F single
Sweetie - 4F singles
Polypay - 5F singles
308 - 2F single
294 - FF
All sheep should lamb between feb-april.

Phoebe - 4F twins
Ivy - 2F twins, exspected kidding 2/15

Fate, Oreo, and the two young boer does will not be bred as far as current planning. If Oreo keeps growing well we may put her in for a late breeding in november. I hope everything works out this year.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday marked the first day I saw the rams actively breeding so it looks like beginning of March should be our earliest lambs which will be very nice weather wise. The polypay might give us an odd lamb though as she is not a seasonal breeder.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am considering breeding Fate and Oreo both. They are both nearly the size of their mothers. Fate(2/20/18) is approx 8 months old now which would make her 13 months when she kidded if she was bred now. Oreo(3/6/18) is approx 7+months old which would make her 12 months old when she lambed. I would say Fate is maybe 2 inches shorter then her mother along the withers and oreo is taller then her mother, they both obviously weigh less then moms though.

You guys have any thoughts?

I still have to expose Phoebe to Big boy. As soon as I can get into the fence I plan on doing that.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Why not give them another month or two and THEN breed them? Later kids but should still be before the worst of bug season for you and they'll be that much older/more mature. I had 2 young does bred this past year and it stunted their growth. They both kidded without issue.Their udders were very small as well. One of them has since grown some and is almost to her mom's size. The other has just now started growing again but I doubt she will ever get to her mother's size... :idunno If you want them bred, then IMHO, do it.