Misfitmorgan's - Babies 2020

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wimp out when it is 40 degrees outside. Y'all are made of tougher stuff than I am! I have one set of twins, a single and had triplets, but the smallest didn't make it. I have 6 more to lamb, 4 are FF.
One does tend to get somewhat used to the temperature where they live. I bet you could handle 39°F if you moved up this way for a time ;)

Sorry you lost the little one.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
One does tend to get somewhat used to the temperature where they live. I bet you could handle 39°F if you moved up this way for a time ;)

Sorry you lost the little one.
Normally our version of winter doesn't bother me. But after being sick for over a month, I just get cold. It has been cloudy, dreary and damp (when it's not raining). We usually get some sunny days in there!

Thanks. I really wanted Allie to make it. I even went out and had a "ewe ain't doing that to ME" sheep milking rodeo. Oh well, better luck next time.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Does anyone know the shelf life of CDT vaccine off hand? I'm suddenly unsure if the bottle we bought last year is even any good anymore. I know it will have a date on it but i'm not home and it is closer to go to tsc straight after work vs home first.

@Southern by choice @Goat Whisperer @Baymule @OneFineAcre @Latestarter or anyone else lol

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Typically the vaccine is good for 4-5 years UNTIL FIRST USED. After the seal has been broken and first used, it says to discard any left over. IMHO if the rest will be used within say 30 days, I consider it still good, but after a year I'd say discard and start fresh.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Typically the vaccine is good for 4-5 years UNTIL FIRST USED. After the seal has been broken and first used, it says to discard any left over. IMHO if the rest will be used within say 30 days, I consider it still good, but after a year I'd say discard and start fresh.
IDK- I do know once it has been used it should not be kept/stored. So if it was used I'd just p/u another.

Ok thank you both, I will grab another bottle or two...I think we might be doing the sheep tonight as well. For the sheep it shouldnt make much difference because they are getting another dose in 28 days, so hopefully that keeps them within a month of lambing for the CDT to pass.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ivy did get her CDT. She is looking very close to kidding and is huge. She dropped over 2 weeks ago now, so it can't be much longer. I'm really hoping I'm wrong and she makes it to Feb 15th. On the 8th we should be done with teens for the high temp but it still will be in single digits at night, after the 15th we should stay in double digits at night.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's -8 out and ivy is in light labor :th

We have a hot box set up but I am worried it won't be enough. She isn't suppose to have those kids until Feb 15th. It's super cold for us, we should be in 20s and 30s but this morning it was -14. Pray she doesn't have those babies yet.