Miss Piggy is so very pregnant

Phelps Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Miss Piggy loves new hay because she makes nest ( i think) she chunks it all apart puts in in a big heap then hollows out the middle and lays there. So the nest part is confusing, but just like my mama goat and her ligs I didnt know what it meant until she was in hard labor. As far as her udder goes, she wont let me look, she very pertectant of her under belly, which is her new thing the last few days. So its the waiting game. Thank you for your reply. I hope she picks a semi warm day, lately our weather has been down right cold!

Phelps Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
No babies, just mood swings, I thought I was bad when I was prego. I can not believe how confusing piggies are. I dont get it. There are nights that I believe its going to happen then she goes through some trans or shakes and then snaps out of it, and is fine. After this if this ever happens ( do pigs have fake pregnantcies?) She wont be bred again. I will look into getting her fixed until then her PMS will be in her pen. lol

Phelps Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Okay I am gonna post a couple pics I took the other day. Today she just to moody to sit with her. IMG_20180408_215955.jpg

Now the kids are so used to visiting her they stand outside her door. She will socailize through a two in gap but doesnt want them near her when her door is open. IMG_20180409_095756.jpg Some times Miss Piggy eats like a champ, yesterday she actually ate all of her breakfast and acted like she wanted more so I gave her a hard boiled egg. (ya want to see a pregnant pig get all excite, have some hard boiled eggs, the sounds she makes is so cute) but then today she barely ate it and went a laid back down. Yesterday she wanted to roam so I let her out she walked around itched on wood and stuff, a bit hard to get her back in, today she wants to just be let alone.

TheGoldenFarm5

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Sounds like it will be soon! Are any babies here yet? I hope she has a safe delivery!:pop:fl

Phelps Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
NO, shes miserable though. She was constipated, I used olive oil yesterday, she finally went and now when I go out. which I have always bottle fed the kids first cuz they are babies now Miss Piggy throws a fit. Last night was the first night. she started squealing and snorting, i thought she was gonna chew through her door. The kids take maybe two minutes to finish there bottles and by the time that was over Piggy had tossed all over her hay everywhere. So she had her night time snack, ( it wasnt even meal time, just before bed snack) So this morning I go out, feed the kids and I was talking to piggy to try and quiet her, my doe Doll stopped her bottle and looked Miss Piggy literally growled at Doll. Ive never heard her do that. Kind of funny, but I will make sure theres no contact between the kids and piggy until well after the babies are born.
I check her Milk and Vuvlva daily But by the thread I read yesterday Piggys bagged up more but her vulva aint near as swollen. So we wait. I read the Doe code, thats my new lesson of life.