misty's kindling thread lots of words/pics** update again 9/27

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
So 9/25, 11 days after eyes open and 21 days after birth, I removed the nest box....This morning I went out to get a few more pictures of the youngsters....So here they are at 21 days old.....
0927090810.jpg
#90491A...blue otter

0927090811.jpg
#90491B...black otter

0927090816.jpg
#90491C...silver marten

0927090817.jpg
#90491D...self gray

Again...I'm not a professional so my color interpretations may not agree with yours...Young Ndwarfs are notoriuos color changers...Actually they just mature slowly and don't really show their true colors for several months...JMO

But regardless...another nice litter from misty...I will start to wean them in about 2 more weeks...
Sex of the kits? Who knows....I wait until I wean them before I even try to guess...I'm not a professional remember...
I will probably be downsizing agian for winter shortly...if you see something you like let me know....I have herds more but these are some of the better conformation/color....

nogoatsyet

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
those bunnies are unbearably cute! They are making me want a bunny again!!

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Update the jr.black silver marten buck born 04/21/09...is sold...I know I was going to keep him but the offer was too hard to turn down...you may see that I edited the initial post...I've decided on the new colors and patterns as the kits now are wearing their adult colors...so I have the 2 jr does from 7/2/09 and the last litter left. They will be weaned next week sometime....Incidently the buyer of the Jr. buck saw him here and contacted me about buying him. If you were at the Kankakee County fairgrounds Swap meet last sunday you would have seen the 2 little girls...I brought them and had many offers; none even close to what I would accept for them....Next week will be the final post with the wean pictures.

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The last update: The black otter and the grey,9/4, are gone...A breeder bought the otter and I sold the grey to a 12 year old 4Her. Also the blue otter from the 7/2 litter is sold...It has been a good fall...That leaves me with a siamese silver martin, 7/2...a blue otter,9/4...a silver martin, 9/4...that I will keep from this years"kit crop"...all does and I think all very nice breeders/show prospects....Thanks everyone for reading and the comments...Any Questions PM me and I will try to help....Until next spring.