Mobile coop recommendations?

LMK17

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Our new place is coming with 15 hens. They free range over the property and overnight in a mobile coop. I'm going to continue with this set up, but I need a coop, as the owner is taking hers and leaving the hens. In addition to being movable, the ideal coop for me would have an attached run for times when I can't let the girls out first thing in the morning.

Any recommendations for ordering a coop or building plans for a good mobile option? TIA!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The problem is that anything small enough to easily move is way too small. Anything large enough is way too heavy.

Unless you have a tractor to pull the chicken tractor?

As to buying something... the best I have seen are from Cackle.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score

Attachments

• copy_of_large_chicken_house_front_1.jpg
    copy_of_large_chicken_house_front_1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 101

Hillaire

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
your almost better off doing the Justin Rhodes method where you have a smaller coop big enough to fit everyone comfortably with electric poultry netting around it as a run that you can move daily weekly etc

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I built a hoop coop. You can add more hoops, but then you need a top 2x6 down the middle for added support. I made a hoop run with 3 cow panels that didn't need more support, but any more than 3 CP's would need support. They are easy, go up quick and they are also good shelters for small livestock.

https://www.theeasygarden.com/threads/hoop-coop.18291/

LMK17

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! And Baymule, I LOVE your hoop house! Totally bookmarking that for later. :)

Latest posts