Molly LGD.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Update 2-

15-weeks in a couple days.... And 43-pounds!

These last couple days we have been dealing with a dog that has been trying to get to the chickens....

Well, anyway dad says next time I see it I need to follow it home and talk to her owners and if they won't do anything then sss! She has already killed 1-chicken.:(

Boaz and Molly are learning to work as a team.... Molly Won't let boaz by her chickens (which I respect and does boaz) but she has learned to get him to help her chase off predators! So today the dog was back and she was outside by herself (she was laying next to the coop) when she saw the dog so she ran over to get boaz.... And off together they went teeth snarling.

Nothing will stop this girl! I am still not use to her attitude yet... Nothing bad but fearless unlike boaz.

She goes with me to feed the chickens now every single time! She loves lay down and watching over them while she eats!

She has decided she likes choke chains.... I was walking her (her leash is chain) and her leash is hooked to her collar but funny thing is she is always walking over the leash... Well, she twisted it around her neck... But since she doesn't pull I don't mind. *I don't yank on her leash anyway*

We have decided to move the whole chicken coop to meet her needs better.... Right now the coop is right by the road and I don't feel safe with people being able to be close to the coop with her watching over them. Like today some people stopped to look at the chickens and she was worried so plans are changed to make her happy! Now to clean out that barn and get ready for them to move.

RoahT

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She is sooo cute! So happy for you that you found a good fit for your farm!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
English Shepherd looks with a Maremma brain!

You will REALLY like having the coop in the barn. It will still have to be predator proof. Some predators like coons, weasels and possums can get in small holes. But it will provide a windbreak so there won't be any drafts and you can have plenty of ventilation. I don't know if you can set it up like mine where they use the part that isn't their coop as an indoor run. Makes for some lucky chickens, inside without being cooped up. Mine have outside access every day all day if they like but they can choose to be inside when the weather is not to their liking.

Reactions: TAH

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
What do you do when someone ask if they can breed my dog Molly?

We'll now you all probably want a story!.

So some guy asks if he could breed Molly to his pit bull mix dog after she turns 10months. I am think you, I dunno what to say, no way are you breeding my dog to a mutt of any dog for that matter!

He shrugged not knowing why I was upset and walked off with a "they would have cute pups".

So now on to how she is doing!

She decided she didn't like turkeys being with the chickens, she wanted to chase them out of the coop but I now have her tolerating them. Lol.

I am going to move them, I just have them there while I redo some things to the pen they go into.

She is so rambunctious she has such a hard time not wanting to play with her chickens, but she does great when I say time to calm down.

Oh, and we lost a turkey to a eagle, yes a eagle.... But anyway the next day Molly saw it on the fence and chased it off! YAYa.

Also she is 47pounds now.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It takes all kinds.......but you don't have to put up with them.

Molly is a beautiful dog and so smart! What a wonderful dog for you. She was made for you!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
It takes all kinds.......but you don't have to put up with them.

Molly is a beautiful dog and so smart! What a wonderful dog for you. She was made for you!
Yeah, I don't.

Thanks, she truly is.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Molly is getting huge and starting to become a big dog, 5-months yesterday! :ep:hit
Yeah, it is sad, I don't have my adorable sleepy pup anymore... She is a big dog, wants to stay outside all day, Barks with that big dog bark, run all 5-acres we have, try sleeping in the barn/coop, but I am loving it.

I now get why these dogs are so special, With the help of Lisa (owner), Molly is becoming a wonderful Dog!

Molly is not like Boaz at all, Boaz is a loyal dog but Molly would do anything for her aniamls or me/family. I can already see it in her.

Also, she is not a roamer, thank God, I can tell her where to stay and she will, fence or not... Which is really nice (She is safe).

I can't wait until January because we will be at the homestead 24/7.

Molly Just chased off an eagle an hour ago. :love
Since winter is here (oh, wait it is 40degree), I have all my chickens locked up most of the time and she is so sad, lol... She will go to the coop door and just bark/whine till I let her see them.

I love her ability to judge a situation! I can totally trust her... And she knows I'll back her up. :love

Teamwork.

And what a cuddle bug she is, A big one too (51pounds)! But she is also very surious.

I need to gets more pictures... Maybe later today. :fl