Molly LGD.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I saw her and her 2 siblings on FB... Me being me I showed dad (I do all animals I find needing homes or for sale), He was quick with a "don't even think about it", lol.

But after 5-7-minutes in very randomly says "go ahead and contact the owner".... Me stunned.

I contacted her and after an hour on the phone It was a go!!!!

She knew what she was doing when she crossed this litter... With mom being meramma and dad English shepherd she came out with awesome pups.... She picked the pup for us... Molly.

I brought her home and she fit right in.... But her guarding genes are showing... She has taken to calling the chickens her own.... Which I am fine with!!!

I showed her the chickens 3-days ago thru the fence and she wanted to actually be with them.... I then proceeded to take her with the hens.... She just felt right at home. YAYA!

Just a couple hours later she saw a magpie messing with "her" chickens and she chased them away with a heck of a bark. Awesome girl.

I am working with her old owner with training.... And i am beyond grateful for her and the dog she felt would be a perfect fit... And it is!!!

Molly is 12-weeks today... her owner kept all pups till they were 10-weeks old.

And she was raised with goats up until us getting her.

Last edited:

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
will get pictures in a bit.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
20171025_215448~2.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is awesome!!! I know how badly you wanted a dog and now you have Molly! She sure is a pretty girl. And I love how she is already guarding HER chickens! Congrats on a fine dog!

Reactions: TAH

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is awesome!!! I know how badly you wanted a dog and now you have Molly! She sure is a pretty girl. And I love how she is already guarding HER chickens! Congrats on a fine dog!
Thanks, bay.

She is beyond everything we wanted.

It is really fun to watch her.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score

22834489_10212516428419977_1320900568_n.jpg

We are working on leash training and basics but not much else other than spending as much time as possible with her chickens.

She has won all trust with her birds.... Other than the male turkey who is going to be butchered soon (yummy thanksgiving).

I've learned so much from her.... The other day she was running around a tree.... Me being ready to go I told her to come- she didn't, so I called her again, and again she wouldn't so I decided to investigate.... I followed her and she found an eagle.

Lesson learned!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh that precious smoochy face! :love Yup, you learned something, sometimes you have to be the listener and let your dog do the talking.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
congratulations on getting miss molly. is she a doll or what, so cute. I happen to have maremma lgd's and an English shepherd too. I absolutely love both breeds and will be curious to see how the mix does when she grows up. the maremma's are great guardians for the stock and the English shepherd is such a protector of the house and poultry. I have never had a dog as watchful of everything as the ES is. she never misses anything new or out of place. I love them all. hope she grows up to be everything you want her to be.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh that precious smoochy face! :love Yup, you learned something, sometimes you have to be the listener and let your dog do the talking.
Oh, my, yes she is.

Yeah, something I am still getting use to.... Being use to dogs that obey first time. Lol.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
congratulations on getting miss molly. is she a doll or what, so cute. I happen to have maremma lgd's and an English shepherd too. I absolutely love both breeds and will be curious to see how the mix does when she grows up. the maremma's are great guardians for the stock and the English shepherd is such a protector of the house and poultry. I have never had a dog as watchful of everything as the ES is. she never misses anything new or out of place. I love them all. hope she grows up to be everything you want her to be.
Thank you.

I can see a lot of both breeds in her but the meramma is showing more and more.

Latest posts