mollys herbals?

SillyChicken

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Has anyone here used mollys herbal dewormer or other products?

Wishin2BElswheyr

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
We tried. Our goats would not take them willingly. We had to slurry them and drench them and it was a PITA and not pleasant so we stopped.

PotterWatch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We use the wormer. I had to shove the dosage balls to the back of their mouth the first time or two. After the initial fight, they discovered they were yummy and now they mob me trying to get extras whenever its worming day.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Everyone (goats) but Truffles likes our herbal balls from the herbal dewormer. I did have to convince them at first, but Truffles is the only one that still refuses. If it is the dewormer you are looking at and if it is for goats, I suggest the slippery elm coating..It is like candy for goats.

nelson castro

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
using Molly's Herbal not only for the health benefits to animals but because the manure can be used for composting in the gardens and for mulch. Chemical wormers kill not only internal parasites but also the beneficial organisms vital to healthy soil.

BethC

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I am using an herbal wormer on my goats, actually just started last week. I'm using Fir Meadows. however, my goats don't seem to like it. I'm curious what all you mix with the wormer to get your goats to take it? I'm top dressing their grain with molasses then sprinkling the wormer on top. But I have one buck that will eat around the wormer and leaves most of it.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just used mushed up bananas mixed with the herbal powder this last time and they scarfed them down super fast...Oh yeah, I also hid their copper bolus in the middle of it and none of them suspected a thing...except StinkerBelle! :th She won't take them for anything! Sometimes I add coconut oil, or a tiny bit of sweetener. They really love the slippery elm powder over the top when I have it.....I haven't used fir meadows (heard it was good though) but I know that Mollys has a little stevia added to sweeten/reduce the bitter just a bit.

Moonshine

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Last time I mixed a little honey and peanut butter with the herbs and they ate most of it! Ah success! I felt like dancing after they finally ate it lol :celebrate it seemed like I tried everything to get them to take it!

sawfish99

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We used Molly's on our goat herd and with our horses (note- there is a horse specific blend without the black walnut). We were also performing fecals on all animals throughout. We stopped using Molly's because the fecals indicated the blend did not affect parasite populations in our goat herd or horse herd.

Jered Norris

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have tried it but have not had adequate results I use an organic worker sold at an organic mill. I also have Diatomacious earth free choice for them constantly to help with parasite prevention.