Months away

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmmm…. Not afraid of hard work, timid is fearful, so same thing. Diffident…. Nah.
How about flat out, having your druthers, you’d druther not, but you ain’t afeered of hard work and will git’er done! :lol:
Now go get some ice cream!

Tr4ever

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Our new house is getting close to completion. Did the walk through and pointed out a few things i was concerned about. Some of the sanitary wye's are laid on their side. Always thought the incoming line had to come in from the top.

The propane co that sold me the tank said they could scrap some old tanks for free. I thought that was super cool. The tanks had propane in them but kind of funky quick dissconnects. Too much hassle and cost to try to use the propane, and the tanks were pretty old (came out of the rv’s that were on the land and we scrapped).

The propane co came and hooked it up this week, and hauled away the old tanks :) they sent a truck to fill the tank the next day

I pushed a little dirt in the propane tank hole to help stabilize the tank before the filled it, but was nervous about the tire valve (rusted and snapped) so i limited the tractor use. The contractor said he could take care of it when he does the yard.

The pole barn shop is going up now after a few setbacks with the county.
image.jpeg

Tank delivered and in the hole

image.jpeg

Moving an rv tank for the propane co to scrap

image.jpeg

Lek our 4 year old

image.jpeg

Noi, our year and a half year old

image.jpeg

New shop (sorry sis, its a shop, not a barn). I need a shop to repair all of my broken or almost broken stuff. Not looking forward to repairing the tractor wheel. Pretty sure it was filled with the Calcium chloride mix. The wheel is showing rust at the tire valve stem and the valve stem was so badly corroded it just snapped when i tried to add air.

Once i have a cement floor to work off i can tackle that. :(

i don't have a pic of the barn, but it needs a roof, and another bay.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, that is great. You are seeing some progress... always nice to have something tangible in front of you to look at.
They don't allow us to bury our propane tanks here... Used to have the fuel oil tank buried in Conn... but again, not here. All above ground. Up north it helped to keep the fuel from gelling though.

The "shop" (barn) is really looking promising.

Tr4ever

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well been a very busy month, but we got moved in, and accepted an offer on our previous house.

Used up my compost pile, and bought more. Trying to get it onto the garden area in the next month. But need to get the fence up for the dogs first. Got started, but ran out of daylight (and energy :p