Months away

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looking good! And you were worried about putting the house on the market at this time of year! Good time to sell. Biden's tax plans may bring down prices considerably in another year.

So much empty space to fill up! :lol: I have extra junk if you need it to give you that lived in look!

You missed a crazy wedding. Check my Ridgetop post for description - haven't posted it yet since trying to close on Yantis ranch, but will soon.

Tr4ever

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Managed to get some fencing up. Not much, but enough that the dogs have a little area and don't need to be tied on a tether. I opted for treated 4x4 for the corner posts/bracing. Maybe my suburban roots? Reviews and friends told me they had trouble with the round treated rotting out in just a few years, and cedar posts were way out of my budget. Probably not up to standards here, but i'm confident that it will keep the dogs in, and they are a lot happier off the tethers. The lot is kind of narrow, and the dogs seem to believe if the can see it it's thier land, so the board fence is to reduce the barking at the neighbor.
image.jpeg

)
image.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg

Also managed to get the garlic planted. I'm trying the cardboard and compost bed this year. Cardboard laid down over the grass and compost laid on top of that, the cloves planted directly in the compost.
I'll report back next year (if it works, if its a complete failure i'll pretend i never tried it). ;)
image.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have used the cardboard with wood chip mulch on it for years. Only problem is I never have enough cardboard. Also pesky weeds will poke through at the seams where I put the cardboard together, so I learned to save paper feed sacks and put under the seams. But I cut a hole in the cardboard and plant through it into the soil beneath.

Your fence looks great. Accomplishment! We fenced our place in sections, finally getting it all done was cause for celebration! You are doing great. Sometimes victories are BIG, sometimes small. No matter, every single accomplishment is another step forward.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
How do you like living on your own piece of larger land?

Meant to tell you that your Pyrs may bark a lot at first because everything is new to them there. Until they figure out what is dangerous to you and what is normal, all surrounding noises will signal Danger!

Fence looks good, Nice and tight.

Latest posts