More and more bunnies!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, we did it again! Today I. Went out to see my little grey and white spotted dear bunny had pulled fur overnight. These bunnies are especially dear to me, because when they were very young, one of their buddies jumped into a next door hutch. We kept the lids open in the morning for cool breezes. Sadly, that rabbit got extremely stressed, and the GI Stasis took it the next day. So, soon many of them started showing signs. I had 14 in a blended hutch for play and they were bonded. I lost 6....over a week of bottle feeding, blended pellets, sub q..you name it. These remaining bunnies are dear to me..and... I just want their liters to do well...regardless of color, breed..and I want little children to enjoy them for a long time! So, I was thrilled when I saw that two in a row are due soon..it’ll be exciting to watch them grow. There’s a third...but no ones that Blessed!
7F412A38-EC75-4249-90D9-85EAAB7900F0.jpeg
4AC4927D-F242-4A46-8507-3A7A35933E5B.jpeg
963ADDEF-05E6-4FAA-B9B1-8B3685C0B6E8.jpeg

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So happy for your bunnies, but even MORE happy for the pictures. All I've seen pictures of are nests with TONS of fur, so much so the owners had to dig down in to see if kits were there. This shows that is not always the case. Before these pics, if my rabbit pulled this amount of fur, I would probably be inside destroying an heirloom quilt to get the stuffing for the kits.(since this will be my first ever litter, I don't have any "saved" fur) But, I guess I still need to learn. Nature knows best. They (animals) know what they're doing and we should just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Congrats.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
So happy for your bunnies, but even MORE happy for the pictures. All I've seen pictures of are nests with TONS of fur, so much so the owners had to dig down in to see if kits were there. This shows that is not always the case. Before these pics, if my rabbit pulled this amount of fur, I would probably be inside destroying an heirloom quilt to get the stuffing for the kits.(since this will be my first ever litter, I don't have any "saved" fur) But, I guess I still need to learn. Nature knows best. They (animals) know what they're doing and we should just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Congrats.
Ohhh, I see, they pull the fur before the babies come..to get ready. They get the hay in their mouths and build up the nest, then they pull out as much fur as they can to make it nice and soft...then, you can dig. Trust me, I looked. Plus..the mom stays away from the box typically after they are first in there. It’s so the predators don’t know there is anything in there. But, when you see some fur starting to come..it means soon..or, they could pull it all in one day...they are funny. This girl made a hay tunnel..it was all round..cute. :) Oh, ps..don’t save any fur till after they don’t need it..which is wayyy down the road. Leave it be at first.. :)