More Questions, please help

UglyDog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Clover seems to be constipated, The thick yellowish/orange stuff is coming out in small clumps of really sticky poo and sticking to her back legs. I gave her a bottle this morning, and kept and eye on her, she does not seem to be very active.

Anything I can give her with out giving her the runs?

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
From the description you gave, that sounds like normal kid poo to me.
If she's eating ok, not grinding her teeth, and pooping, I wouldn't change anything, as a change in diet could upset the apple cart.

dkluzier

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Make sure to wipe the poo and that the opening is not plugged by dried poo. Is she nursing well? Watch that she is nursing to keep her hydrated, if not you may have to start bottle feeding. Did you get the Bo-Se or Selenium E into her yet?

Rence

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
That's normal milk poo. I really don't remember when mine starting having normal poo goat berries, but they were dam raised so they got bottles, hay, browse and grain with ther dams.

Does anyone know when she should expect her bottle baby to have normal goat poo?

I don't even remember when my calves starting having normal poo.

bheila

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
How old is she, is the milk the only thing she gets to eat?

Dorothy1324

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
we had twin bucklings this year one started normal poop at about 8 days old the other was close to 3 weeks.

Griffin's Ark

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Her poop is normal for a kid that is under two weeks. I must have missed a post though and I have to assume by reading this that the kid is being bottle raised. Every time you feed the kid you should take a damp cloth and rub her rectum (a real mom just licks it, but you have to draw the line somewhere). That will stimulate her to move her bowels. The rest is just cleanup!

Have Fun!
Chris