Moses

Roy and Vicky

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well, here we go again, but this time instead of getting cows for the first time we've adopted Moses the Llama.

They had him in a temporary home here for the humane society. Not sure what happened to his previous owner, but i believe he passed away. So Moses and two other Llamas were on the lamb. One of them was shot :( The other died of natural causes, they believe. Moses here is very social, so social in fact that when he found some people around a fishing pond and went over to greet them they took him as attacking and beat him with a tire iron :( Not sure how he's come to trust humans again because some of us humans can be pretty mean, but he does. Somewhere in his past was a man with a hat that was very nice to him because he loves tall men wearing hats and thankfully for Moses my other half is tall and wears baseballs caps!!! They estimated he is about five years old and I've been reading as much as i can to get to understand him better. he runs up to us and sniffs nose to nose and starts to chatter. If Roy is there oh boy i'm just chopped liver to him and he snuggles in Roy's beard and really talks to him! So this is Moses, and I had to have him because of everything he's been through and we have a common bond! My last name is Moses lol. So as long as him and the cows can get along he has a forever home with us here.! and hopefully the pics will show.

You can see him talking to me in this one lol.

Roy and Vicky

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
He's doing good so far. Of course there's some animosity out there. We've had, Duh, the steer since he was a week old so he's my bottle baby and still thinks he's a dog and we've had Minnie, the short horn cross since she was about 5 weeks so, so she was a bottle baby for a while too. So when Moses comes near Momma or Momma pays too much attention to him, Duh gets defensive and runs him off, but Moses never goes far and Duh is not aggressive with him it's just a HEY that's my Momma you git type of thing.

Moses is so extremely social it's amazing after what he's been through. he walks the fence line as the neighbor kids go to and from school and follows all the cars up and down the road. if someone comes in the yard he paces back and forth by the gate like it's someone he's been looking for all his life. not sure how good a llama's memory is but he seems to be looking for his past owner.

LoneOakGoats

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Awe, so glad you have him. Sounds like he now has a wonderful home. Congrats to you and Moses.