Mosquitos...do I need to worry?

Beachbunny

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
It's been raining here in Savannah Ga for what seems like everyday for 3 months...I live in a flood zone so I have water standing everywhere and the Mosquitos are awful. I have never seen so many of them do I need to worry about the rabbits getting bitten by to many of these nasty pest? The cages are well off of the ground, have great air ventilation, and stay very dry but these pesty bugs are in swarms all over the place.

Beachbunny

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Just a update...I checked all the buns out on Saturday, clipping Nails etc. and went over them very closely and found no bites or lumps on them so maybe the Mosquitos can't get thru the thick fur my AmChins have..

lastfling

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Mine don't seem to be bothered by them either, but they sure eat me alive if I forget to put bug spray on before going out to feed.

Beachbunny

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
lol I know what you mean but i wont use DEET anymore after an episode of skin burns from it. I now use Lemongrass oil a few drops on my clothes and the pesty little buggers leave me alone, wont go outside without it on me.I think I've gotten maybe 6 bites so far this year and we have them year round. I even rub the dogs down with it...not sure if it helps them but they sure do smell good.

sawfish99

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The worst mosquitoes on our property are around the rabbitry - in the trees, with less air flow. I have not seen any rabbits bothered by the mosquitoes (and we also have Am Chins).

Latest posts