Mossy Stone Farm's Kidding watch

mossyStone

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
As some of you know, i fianlly broke down and bought a buck last winter.( being a frist time buck owner has hads it ups and downs lol):lol: it was becoming a nightmare to get the girls to a buck at just the right time.:he

I had decided to milk thur my older girls and wait till spring to find a Nubain Buck...for my yearlings.

I covered both FF's girls and waited to see if Reggie was mature enough did the pg test girls were both preggers...:woot Reggie had done his Job... 3 weeks to go and.

They are both building cute little udders... I am so excited..... the girls are tired of me looking at them and waiting:pop

If i ever get the picture thing figured out i'll post some pictures.....:idunno

cindyg

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
What pregnancy test can you do on goats? I have a girl who could be, but not sure and would love to know.

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
cindyg said:
What pregnancy test can you do on goats? I have a girl who could be, but not sure and would love to know.
First, :frow & :welcome :)
Second, http://www.biotracking.com/goats is the most accurate way to go... there are other ways to know, but those take time & experience. There is the tummy typing method(just the way it sounds), pooch pic comparison, waiting to see if the doe comes back into heat, palpating the right side/kid side and feeling for movement, or having an ultrsound done, but unless you can get in with the 4H-ers when they have their's done, that is an expensive way to go.

mossyStone

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Just did my daily " let me look at your udders on my pg girls" they hate me!!! but they are both building some nice udders... i can hardly stand it, i am just so excited...:weee

Driving my family nuts and my girls wish i'd get another hobbie besides them :gig

Mossy Stone Farm

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
for some reason ( not to savvy in comps) so i dont know what happened but i couldnt log on with my old username so now i start all over...

No change in my two does... we are at day 140 for my FF .... can't wait!!!:barnie

cindyg

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I was just making arrangements for someone to come take blood for a test, and voila, she kidded, all on her own, two beautiful little doelings, so no test needed now! Good luck with yours!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
cindyg said:
I was just making arrangements for someone to come take blood for a test, and voila, she kidded, all on her own, two beautiful little doelings, so no test needed now! Good luck with yours!
It was the thought of being poked with a needle that did it! :lol:

Latest posts