Moyle Horse

cattlecait

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I can't find much information about these, has anyone ever had/had experience with one?

Thank ya!

patandchickens

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I think it is kind of generous to call it a "rare breed" the way most googleable sites seem to -- as far as I can tell from reading, it is just one particular family's line of horses. I expect they are perfectly good horses but would suggest ignoring 99% of the hype since experience with similar situations would indicate that's about the right margin ;)

Note that by "horns" or "frontal bosses" they just mean "have a little lump on the forehead part of the skull".

Be interested to see if anyone here has encountered any. As for any arbitrary private line of horses, the chances seem low but nonzero.

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

cattlecait

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Note that by "horns" or "frontal bosses" they just mean "have a little lump on the forehead part of the skull".
Yea, I noticed that. I was reading about them and the little kid in me thought "Gasp, a unicorn!". Google, uh, yea, no. :(

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
I think it is kind of generous to call it a "rare breed" the way most googleable sites seem to -- as far as I can tell from reading, it is just one particular family's line of horses.
This drives me CRAZY! I work with dogs for a living and golly people use the term "breed" pretty darn loosely sometimes... :he

Horsiezz

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Never heard of one really, surprsingly being the little horse freak that I am ;) lol but i'd love to find out more!

moyle

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
There is a Moyle horse at our barn right now. He is absolutely gorgeous and he has two "horns" he is a very intelligent gelding I have yet to see him pin his ears gets along with every horse put in his paddock! What would you like to know?

moyle

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I am new to this site and a bit site illiterate..... can someone help me post a photo?

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
moyle said:
I am new to this site and a bit site illiterate..... can someone help me post a photo?
You need to post over 10 posts before you can post pics.

My suggestion, go to Introduction section and introduce yourself to others. 10 introduction and you can post pics!

Regarding posting pics, check out FAQ' section.

BTW :welcome from New Jersey

Stauffer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
would also love to see a picture of a moyle up close...esp. of the frontal bosses...a friend of mine was looking for pictures of some to use in reference for drawing and could never find a good, close-up photo of ones face.