Mr Fox pics

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Made me think of the movie, "The Fantastic Mr. Fox".

It's pretty good if you haven't seen it.

It's animated but George Clooney is Mr. Fox and Meryl Streep is Mrs Fox.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mr. Fox probably helps keep the rodent population in check around your place too!

If only he could hunt in my barn! But I need a black snake to slither into the rat tunnels and avoid being noticed by the dogs. =/
Cats are just roadkill here, so can't even get one of them.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
That fox didn't seem too concerned about the dogs. Guess it knows they can't get to where it is. But if you had fowl, that fox wouldn't get close enough to kill them, the dogs would take it out as soon as it breached the fence.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
That fox didn't seem too concerned about the dogs. Guess it knows they can't get to where it is. But if you had fowl, that fox wouldn't get close enough to kill them, the dogs would take it out as soon as it breached the fence.

If the birds were down the hill and the dogs on the other side with the wind in the fox's favor, it can and has easily taken birds.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Spotted some adult wild rabbits today! Got pictures of one.
Fox tried to get the others that I saw, but the LGDs caught wind of him and chased him off.
DSC_0566.jpg

Reactions: TAH

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pretty fox. I agree, it makes no sense to kill predators if you have nothing they will kill.

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Nice we have had foxes all the way up to the back door. Kinda surprising to see one right when u open the door not ten feet away. I've gone for walks and had them run along with me and bark at me. Also have seen two males fighting for a female. They make all kinds of noise then.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
If the birds were down the hill and the dogs on the other side with the wind in the fox's favor, it can and has easily taken birds.
I ASSUMED with my comment that the chickens would be in with the dogs, not on the other side of the fence ;)

We have a wild rabbit that I've seen in the barn near the alpacas' end (it can come in their door which is always open). 2 days ago it was in the coop eating chicken pellets from the hanging feeder. Hopefully it will go back to its natural diet once the vegetation starts to grow. Bad enough I end up feeding the !@#$%^& woodchucks half the year, now a rabbit??