MrsKuhn - The Kuhn family adventure begins - KIDS ARE HOME

MrsKuhn

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi y'all,:frow I decided that I was going to start one of these here journal things so I can look back over the years and see how far I have come ( or not come lol ) So for those of you who don't know me because I am still really new ( like only joined a few days ago ) Welcome, Hello, Nice to meet you! :hugs

A little about me.. I am 26 years old ( my birthday is June 30th, presents welcome :lol: ) I am a stay at home mom aka Homemaker. My son is 6 years old and in 1st grade. My husband and I have been married 6 almost 7 years. He works for Bell Carter ( an olive company ) If you are sitting here doing the math, yes we got married while we were pregnant. We were dating in High-school, got engaged at 19 but everyone told us we were too young so wouldn't help us plan a wedding, ended up going to Reno and getting married in a chapel before our son was born. He was a premie baby and the labor was horrible and dragged on forever. I would say I married my best friend, we hardly ever fight and just mesh well together.

Getting animals has always been my thing. He was raised in the area that we live, but his family never had animals. I was bounced from house to house but have always had a love for animals, however I am a girly girl so most people see me and think that the last thing I want to do is go hang out with dirty animals. Little do they know, it is in my heart. We started out small... literally, we got a Chihuahua who is currently 8 years old ( Baxter ) and he was / is super spoiled. But eventually it didn't satisfy the need for animals, so he broke down and got me Golden Retriever who is currently almost 3 years old ( Tanner ) and he is amazing. But again, it just wasn't enough, so after years of me asking and wanting and wishing we purchased our first Goats & Chickens. :weee We purchased two Pygmy / Nigerian Dwarf goats, and 6 chicks, but there is already talk of a lot.. A LOT of other goats and maybe sheep, more chickens and who knows what else. I don't think he realized how big of a can he just opened :lol: I love that man with all my heart and he is always so supportive.. and as of now he wants nothing to do with the goats, they are my babies. but once they are here I am sure he will warm up to them. He just sees them as anchors to keep us home and never go anywhere ( we are big campers in the summer )

So we purchased a female she is the black and white one her name is Princess Leia and also a weather he is brown with blue eyes his name is Han Solo. My son helped me pick the names and after we decided every goat we get is going to get a Starwars name and that is going to be our theme. I want to breed, milk ( for soaps and such.. ) And maybe show my animals. It is all new territory and we are just feeling our way through it.

I guess I will answer a few of the questions on the pinned thread incase I missed something that someone would like to know.

What state/province/country are you in and what is your climate like? We live in California, where I live we don't get below freezing often but if you go an hour away they get snow, so I like to think the area I live is perfect. However we do get some pretty hot summers in the triple digits.

How many people are in your family? Marital status? 3 - Married

How would you define your farm? Just starting

Have you ever built a house, barn , or other types of building? Do you want to? not yet but it will be happening

Is it a hobby or an occupation? Hobby

In what areas are you knowledgeable and in what areas would you like to learn more? I am always wanting to learn more. I will never stop wanting to learn more, so please educate me lol

Can you drive a farm tractor or a semi? Yes, I can drive a tractor and I look damn good doing it :p

Do you make crafts or useful items? I make signs out of old wood and thing with 2x4s and mason jars

Do you like to garden? If so, what do you enjoy growing? Yes, I love strawberries because I like to eat them but i grow what I can

How much space/land do you have or rent? City farm? Country? Country, 2 Acres

If you could live any place you chose, where would it be? Same state, just more land

Are your family or friends also interested in animals? My family thinks I am crazy, most of my friends too. But I have one that I got into chickens with me this year.

Do you like to cook? Are you interested in whole foods and natural foods? raw milk? farm fresh eggs? Love to cook and bake and yes and yes :)

What skills do you have that help you be more a self sufficient farm? The drive and love? those aren't skills are they :lol:

Do you use alternative energy sources on your farm? Would you like to? Husband is getting ready to put in solar

Do you make and fix things yourself to save money? Yes

I think this is long enough to start, if you made it this far applaud you:clap I like to talk :duc

Attachments

• IMG_6974.JPG
    IMG_6974.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_3687.JPG
    IMG_3687.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_3519.JPG
    IMG_3519.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_4054.JPG
    IMG_4054.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_6194.JPG
    IMG_6194.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 215
  • goats.jpg
    goats.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_5330.jpeg
    IMG_5330.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_5067.jpeg
    IMG_5067.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_3853.jpeg
    IMG_3853.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_7157.JPG
    IMG_7157.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi has you know I already said welcome. Your golden retriever is so cute :love. Same with my famliy, we started with cats then a dog then chickens then two goats it was supposed to stay that way but you know you just keep adding more, we now have 7 goats and soon to be more:hide. How many animals does that put you at in total?

Last edited:

MrsKuhn

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi @TAH!!! :hugs:frow Thank you I am pretty fond of him too. His coloring is different than most so we get " What a pretty Irish Setter" a lot, he needs a sign. lol

Crazy how fast that number grows without you even realizing it :lol:

Currently we are at 2 Dogs, 2 Goats, 6 Chickens

So, 10 total ( for now... )

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have a beautiful family. We've already introduced, but, I'll formally welcome you here in your board. Can not wait to welcome you to your little world of farming!

MrsKuhn

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You have a beautiful family. We've already introduced, but, I'll formally welcome you here in your board. Can not wait to welcome you to your little world of farming!
Thank you :D:D