Ms. Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlowmanor

Reaction score
I'm so sorry about your son.:hugs I can't think of what I would do it I lost one of my boys. The worst medical problems we have are with my oldest son. At age 3 he started having seizures. At first they just told us they were febrile seizures because he always had a fever with them and there was nothing they could give us to control them. The last one he had he did not have a fever with and they finally put him on medication and ran tests on him. He has been seizure free since May 2010 and is slowly being weaned from his medication. I am always worried about him having another episode, but we have been good for over a year now so it helps us feel more confident that it is under control right now. I am still worried that it could happen with one of the younger boys since we were never told what caused it. I look forward to reading all about your adventures!

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
marlowmanor said:
I'm so sorry about your son.:hugs I can't think of what I would do it I lost one of my boys. The worst medical problems we have are with my oldest son. At age 3 he started having seizures. At first they just told us they were febrile seizures because he always had a fever with them and there was nothing they could give us to control them. The last one he had he did not have a fever with and they finally put him on medication and ran tests on him. He has been seizure free since May 2010 and is slowly being weaned from his medication. I am always worried about him having another episode, but we have been good for over a year now so it helps us feel more confident that it is under control right now. I am still worried that it could happen with one of the younger boys since we were never told what caused it. I look forward to reading all about your adventures!

marlowmanor

Reaction score
I'm glad you are working on the dream he inspired. I applaud you for being strong after a loss like that. I don't know how I would go on if I lost one of the boys, they are my world.

My boys are enjoying the animals. My oldest is a great chicken wrangler. He always helps get them in the coop at night. He would stay out with the goats for hours if we would let him!

They never told us why Logan started having seizures, so that's the only reason I worry about it showing up in the other 2. I was pregnant with my youngest son when the bulk of his problems started which made it more difficult to deal with. I told DH if he had started having seizures before I had other kids I likely wouldn't have had more kids just because of the worry that it could happen again. The doctors scared us once when they mentioned that when they did an MRI on him they saw spots on his brain, they weren't sure what it was, but planned to keep an eye on it. They told us it could be nothing or it could be something that would require brain surgery. It was terrifying to think of him having to go through brain surgery. It turned out to be nothing though, plus they told us that the meds he is on reduces those spots sometimes. Hopefully we get good news when we go back to neurologist in a few months and have tests run again. I'll be nervous when he is weaned from his medication though, since I know it is keeping things controlled well.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
marlowmanor said:
I'm glad you are working on the dream he inspired. I applaud you for being strong after a loss like that. I don't know how I would go on if I lost one of the boys, they are my world.

My boys are enjoying the animals. My oldest is a great chicken wrangler. He always helps get them in the coop at night. He would stay out with the goats for hours if we would let him!

They never told us why Logan started having seizures, so that's the only reason I worry about it showing up in the other 2. I was pregnant with my youngest son when the bulk of his problems started which made it more difficult to deal with. I told DH if he had started having seizures before I had other kids I likely wouldn't have had more kids just because of the worry that it could happen again. The doctors scared us once when they mentioned that when they did an MRI on him they saw spots on his brain, they weren't sure what it was, but planned to keep an eye on it. They told us it could be nothing or it could be something that would require brain surgery. It was terrifying to think of him having to go through brain surgery. It turned out to be nothing though, plus they told us that the meds he is on reduces those spots sometimes. Hopefully we get good news when we go back to neurologist in a few months and have tests run again. I'll be nervous when he is weaned from his medication though, since I know it is keeping things controlled well.
Love to hear about your boys and their foray into animals. I've read your journal. Love your pictures. Beautiful Sons. Congratulations on your new friend for Black Jack. Looking forward to reading your adventures as well.

Regarding tests and scary stuff in the future: Take it one day at a time. I know it's important and it is a worry, but don't let it consume your thoughts. Children, though you don't talk about it, do pick up on your worry. Unfortunately doctors need to say certain things, not meaning to scare, but to protect themselves due to the "sue happy" society. Believe me, had many private talks with doctors and how they tell parents what they tell parents. Many try and not make it so scary but they are bounded by protocol. :rolleyes: But I have to say met some that were pretty straight forward and what they deal with is scary business and they feel parents need to know all scenarios. :(

As I meet new parents with children who are going through a scary time, I now ask the Angel on my shoulder to think of them. He was always there for the little ones, even though he was going thru scary times himself. :) All I can say is you are in our thoughts and hopefully for you and all your sons, this scary time will be history! :)

Goatherd

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
So sorry about your son. I can't personally relate as I do not have children, but can only imagine. Blessings.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Goatherd said:
So sorry about your son. I can't personally relate as I do not have children, but can only imagine. Blessings.
Thank you for those kind thoughts and your sweet blessings. They are truly appreciated.

Regarding not having children and personally can't relate, IMHO, you raise goats. You know the love and loss of innocence.

Again truly appreciate your kind words. :)

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
:hugs Just 2 years ago I lost my Dad to AML with rare genome factors...very aggressive and deadly. He fought for a year and I too made promises that I work hard to keep or make happen. Your post brought tears to my eyes and I am so sorry that you had to go through that pain. I pray that your plans that you made with your son are able to be realized soon. I look forward to reading your progression from dream to reality and feel certain that you will indeed bring it to reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts