Ms. Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
This is going to probably come across wrong, but I don't mean it in any sort of a negative / snarky way.

I spend too much time fretting over / studying about / dealing with goats to put any effort into DH's rabbits. Or the chickens, for that matter.
If they get sick, we're toast. My brain can only handle so much info....

I am glad you are learning all you can, I may need to pick your brain if we do get a bunny issue sometime.
Not negative or snarky at all. You were clear as a bell. Rabbits are your DH's. It's his responsibility to keep them from getting sick.

You built a beautiful herd of Goats Roll. That's a LOT to know. And a LOT of experience to go through. Believe me, I've learned TONS of really good info about goats from you, (reading your website, your posts, your notes on how to keep a healthy baby) and I know when I get goats in the future I'll still be picking your brain about them.

Keep your focus on your goats. Again, if your DH or you have any questions or issues on rabbits, I'll be more than glad to help. Or point you or your DH in the right direction to get the answers you need.

K

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
elevan said:
Looking forward to seeing your next buns as plans become reality.
Thanks EleVan, could be sooner than I think. Two weeks will tell.

K

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Thanks Roll and Jodie for the Well wishes. Really excited and can't wait to show off my new bun. If all goes right, I could have a new Lionhead Buck in 3 weeks.

Hopefully Jodie, your girls will kid before that. lol. Hoping they wait until snow instead of rain, but then again, doe code! Wishing you all the best with this round of kids. Hoping all Mommies have easy deliveries and that kids are healthy and what you want (doe/buck).

K

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
Ms. Research said:
Hopefully Jodie, your girls will kid before that. lol. Hoping they wait until snow instead of rain, but then again, doe code! Wishing you all the best with this round of kids. Hoping all Mommies have easy deliveries and that kids are healthy and what you want (doe/buck).

K
:yuckyuck

I can't wait to see new Buns (bunnies not butts) :th :hide

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
autumnprairie said:
Ms. Research said:

K
:yuckyuck

I can't wait to see new Buns (bunnies not butts) :th :hide
lol

OK I'll type Bunnies instead of buns to stop the confusion. lol I doubt people want to see my buns (butt).

Thanks Autumnprairie, excited too. Can't wait to have a little one again. My boys taught me well so I have some experience under my belt bringing in a new bunny.

K

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Rain, rain go away, go to Texas or Oklahoma because New Jersey has had way too much!

Went to sleep late with rain coming down, wake up early with rain coming down. 50 degrees outside, but supposedly dropping as the day goes on to the weekend where cold weather will eventually be here.

And this is January. Just doesn't make sense.

Bunnies are doing well. Have there times when very quiet like last night. All three were very calm and receptive, but not super active. I guess they do have moods.

Jake doing well. He's not thrilled with the rain. Getting older too, weather affects him just like my DH.

Been doing some research on lionheads and manes. Will be interesting to see and experience this unique animal.

Hoping all have a good day.

K

eta: EleVan now I understand the emu reference. lol Games people play. lol

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Wading into the pool of color genetics for bunnies has been a real eye opener.

I never knew that there were only two basic colors in a rabbit's coat

Black and Yellow.

Changing how those two pigments get expressed is the fun part for most breeders of Smaller breeds.

So Rabbits have 5 basic genes

A, B, C, D, E

I kind of figured out A, B,D but C well lots to know about shaded, complete color and albino. And E, with extension of color or absolute eliminating color all together.

And this is just for the rabbits coat. Plus not even started looking into the modifying genes, rufus factors, and plus-and-mius modifers. Still genes for Eye color, Manes if lionheads,

So looking at the Blue Tort I am hoping to get soon.

His B gene is lower case because of the Yellow gene (turns to chocolate) I think I'm on the right track.

So the Black Gene being Upper Case B, is dominate while the b gene, lower case is recessive. Yellow is recessive, while Black is dominate.

Well back to studying. Have to do something to occupy my time waiting patiently for my Bunny.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.