MtViking- A little piece of paradise.

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Been a bit. Here’s an update. Still no luck on a successful breeding with the rabbits. But like others have said they’re probably just not ready yet. Haven’t gotten any further on the chicken coup project, just been too busy doing other crap. The old house is still on the market lots of showings no takers. The realtors are saying it’s priced just right, just haven’t found the right buyer. It’s archery season here in Montana, so I decided to learn a new skill. Shooting a traditional recurve bow. I’ve shot a lot with my compound bow and am pretty darn accurate with it. Recurve is a whole different animal. Im hitting the target pretty regular now, I’ve only lost one arrow :lol: I won’t be hunting with it this year I don’t think, it’s a ton of fun regardless of how bad I am right now. We have a “historic” snow storm heading in tonight through Monday with up to 8-10 inches in the lower parts and estimating 36”!!! In some mountain areas hopefully not the mountains I’m at the bottom of. I think the super snow is going to dump farther north than me. :fl:fl So with the freezing temps in the teens and twenties I closed up the hutches with moving blankets and added some extra wind block, and added a bunch of straw in for the rabbits. I also got the barn cats a nice warm house set up in the barn. Had to disconnect all the water hoses and will need to drag cords out to the rabbits for their heated water bottles. And last but not least I got two more years closer the dreaded 40 yrs old :ep yesterday, and got some great gear for my archery set up. Hope all is well with anyone that reads this. Stay warm. Or cool depending where in this world your located.
E157542C-A3BE-4A96-A1C1-CC12329E9958.jpeg
567AF0AF-EC94-424E-B4F6-A2A6084F77D2.jpeg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
OH -- WOWWW. THAT's why I live this far South!!:D

85 today, same coming tomorrow....68-70 low in AM Just couldn't handle that much cold & snow, that soon, for that long -- all winter and your winter is longer than mine! :lol: Nope, not this ole gal! But I will love your pictures of that white stuff.

AS to age...older I get the colder I think it is. You're only 38? GEESH...You'll be fine.:old That weather adds a LOT of extra work, it's hard to work out in it, tiring physically. Bundle up and work slow. You'll enjoy your hot coffee tomorrow! :D =D

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'll just keep my Southern Magnolia little ol' self right here in Texas at 92 degrees today. :lol: We get snow maybe once every 2 or 3 years. We are idiots, don't know how to drive in it, have lots of wrecks, everything shuts down because there is no equipment to clear the roads. Kids stay home from school and make snowmen. people take off from work, or they go to work and maybe they make it, maybe they make the body shop happy.

Your rabbits look battened down for the snow. Maybe their lack of breeding may have something to do with short day length. Do you have a barn that you could move them into and put a timer/light on them? If not, add BARN to your list. LOL LOL

Almost 40! :thMan! You are getting OLD! :old

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'll just keep my Southern Magnolia little ol' self right here in Texas at 92 degrees today. :lol: We get snow maybe once every 2 or 3 years. We are idiots, don't know how to drive in it, have lots of wrecks, everything shuts down because there is no equipment to clear the roads. Kids stay home from school and make snowmen. people take off from work, or they go to work and maybe they make it, maybe they make the body shop happy.

Your rabbits look battened down for the snow. Maybe their lack of breeding may have something to do with short day length. Do you have a barn that you could move them into and put a timer/light on them? If not, add BARN to your list. LOL LOL

Almost 40! :thMan! You are getting OLD! :old
Barn is on the list haha we have a shed but no power out there. Yet anyways. The path to the shed is mostly boulders so I won’t be trenching power to it anytime soon

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
I saw that storm on the news...strange to have such a huge snowstorm in September :th
Saw that the whole northwest could get up to 3 feet....:eek: No thanks! That's why I got the heck outta Maine! It's way too cold for me. Have a heat wave coming through from today until Tuesday. Highs in the upper 90's with heat index of 105.
Can't help but notice you have those top-fill water bottles. I love those, so much easier. But for whatever reason, my Lionheads can't figure them out and will go days without drinking if I give them just the bottle and no bowl. But all the others rabbits are smart enough to figure it out!

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I saw that storm on the news...strange to have such a huge snowstorm in September :th
Saw that the whole northwest could get up to 3 feet....:eek: No thanks! That's why I got the heck outta Maine! It's way too cold for me. Have a heat wave coming through from today until Tuesday. Highs in the upper 90's with heat index of 105.
Can't help but notice you have those top-fill water bottles. I love those, so much easier. But for whatever reason, my Lionheads can't figure them out and will go days without drinking if I give them just the bottle and no bowl. But all the others rabbits are smart enough to figure it out!
Yeah they’re so nice to fill up and to clean out. I’ll have to switch to my heated bottles sooner than I wanted to they’re not flip top which is a real bummer since I’ll have to take everything off to refill in the winter weather. I’m hoping the cold is not going to last long enough on this first storm to worry about the heated ones yet. If mine freeze I guess I’ll be dragging cords out there in the blizzard hahaha. Definitely wouldn’t be the worst work I’ve done in the cold. Last year was brutal -20 below zero for weeks on end. I couldn’t keep battery’s charged on our tools at work the insulation on the wire would just snap off the copper. No fun,not to mention the projects take twice as long or more. So the shops not making a good profit. If they don’t make money none of us make money :lol: