Loving the herd life
Reaction score
36F11D63-F231-40EF-A3DE-4A655AF5B6F7.jpeg
6A55ADD9-77FA-4A9E-B806-3E87B084EEA3.jpeg
6A55ADD9-77FA-4A9E-B806-3E87B084EEA3.jpeg

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well tried to post the picture with explanation but the new way of posting pictures was freaking out and I could type anything. So the first picture is the only buck I’ve been able to find and as you can see he is in town. He’s actually a full time resident at the VA hospital where I do a lot of electrical work on various projects. Been there off and on really more on for 5 years. I’ve been trying to get out hunting at least once a weekend. Out a lot of miles on my boots and showed my rifle some really incredible scenery but haven’t gotten into any game. I only find elk and deer in the back of trucks, dead on the highway into town or actually living in town. 🤣 The second picture is outside right now. The snow and cold is back, it was below zero this morning when I left for a hunting excursion and was about 4 above when I got home and uncovered the rabbit hutches to clean, water, and feed the fur balls. My hopefully pregnant doe is due next weekend YAY!! The other doe still isn’t breed and with this cold snap and non stop snow for the last three days I haven’t even attempted to breed her. But better weather is on the way so I will give another shot next week when it warms up a bit. Been busy busy as usual with Boy Scouts, work and chores around the place. Got my Dad little plow truck back for the winter as he is getting ready to head south and get out of the cold and snow for a few months. Which he actually likes Montana winters he plays in the snow with his four wheelers and plows out his whole neighborhood just because he can and loves helping anyone and everyone. We’ve been going out hunting together with my Grampa who just turned 90 a month or two ago and is still getting out in the woods where he is truly in his element. Even though we haven’t had any luck since antelope season it’s really a blessing to be out with 4 generations (Grampa, my dad, myself, and my kids or nephews) and seeing this amazing wilderness we have right out the back door. So I really can’t complain it’s pretty therapeutic to be a few miles into the woods and sitting down to listen to the world around you and smells of the forest. The seasons over Sunday so I’ll go out one final time tomorrow morning and hope for the best. Hope everyone is doing well and had a good thanks giving. I sure have plenty to be thankful for everyday and try to remember to thank the powers that be for such blessings as much as possible.

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That is truly a blessing to have 4 generations out hunting. Hope you take lots of pictures. At one time we had 5 generations in our family, now down to 3 and I’m the grandparent.
We have 5 generations. My gramma and Grampa is a great great Grandparents. I don’t get much for pictures. My phone doesn’t like working in the cold and we’re never in service areas so usually don’t even have it on. I need to remember to take pictures

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is that an old logging camp or an old homestead? Looks like it was well built. Big sky sure does describe it out there. Hope you get a chance to get out to get one. Maybe one will come down close to your place.
They sure know where they are safe, the local town, VA hospital resident.....Is that a mule deer? Looked like it as opposed to our white tails here.

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Is that an old logging camp or an old homestead? Looks like it was well built. Big sky sure does describe it out there. Hope you get a chance to get out to get one. Maybe one will come down close to your place.
They sure know where they are safe, the local town, VA hospital resident.....Is that a mule deer? Looked like it as opposed to our white tails here.
Not sure what the cabin used to be. Coulda been an old miners cabin,hunting cabin, or someone’s homestead. The property it’s on is all national forest now and has been for many many years. Yep that’s a mule deer. Or a muley as we call em. We have white tail too but they don’t come into town much. They stay close to river bottoms and wetter places.

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the last day if the season I did decide to brave the snow and hiked into the mountains. It was deep and slow going. I’ll try once more in the am.
09044D16-4CC7-4A70-A775-F84AFEAFBA2C.jpeg
A5FC3FA1-A007-427A-9A5C-CDBFC3E0937C.jpeg
C4503396-CBFD-49BC-9957-F244394297BF.jpeg
C4503396-CBFD-49BC-9957-F244394297BF.jpeg
827B1C69-6707-455C-9251-AE654C9CBEAE.jpeg

Attachments

• B9669880-6026-4DFE-83C6-CA2F5BA1508C.jpeg
    B9669880-6026-4DFE-83C6-CA2F5BA1508C.jpeg
    388.4 KB · Views: 237