MtViking- A little piece of paradise.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So what do you pass out to celebrate your first litter? Cigars don’t seem appropriate. Maybe Cadbury bunny Easter Eggs? Haha I passed out dog biscuits to celebrate the birth of puppies one time. One of the welders ate his and wanted another. He was stoned on weed, so it was understandable. Yes, I gave him another.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey @AmberLops and everyone else that breeds rabbits. Do you put your doe back in with the buck in an hour or two after successful fall offs? I can’t remember who all breeds rabbits so don’t be offended if I didn’t tag everyone. Ambers name is a give away lol.
Sorry for the late reply!!
I put the does back in with the buck about every 10 minutes after a successful breeding. I like to see at least 2 fall-offs. I do have a doe who will only breed once every time, but the others will breed quite a few times :)

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
So what do you pass out to celebrate your first litter? Cigars don’t seem appropriate. Maybe Cadbury bunny Easter Eggs? Haha I passed out dog biscuits to celebrate the birth of puppies one time. One of the welders ate his and wanted another. He was stoned on weed, so it was understandable. Yes, I gave him another.
Ha ha ha! :lol::lol:

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
So great news!!! My blue satin bred with the new white rex! I witnessed five fall offs! Then left them together for about 20 minutes. I’m so excited! Now everything I’ve research the last two years has vanished from my brain lol. Should I put her back in tomorrow? Or is she good? I don’t want to mess it up. Hopefully I can’t get my other girl bred soon. I really want more satins so I hope my satin buck will have better luck after the first litter. It was soo fast I almost missed the first fall off. I barely set her down and she flattened out lifted her tail and bam it was done. Then again and again and again. I was dancing in my yard like a crazy man. I’m beyond excited right now.

CONGRATS!!!
The curse may finally be lifted :bow
Those are going to be beautiful kits! Be sure to keep us updated!

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Possibly your Satin buck just isn't matured yet. Give him another chance in Spring. At least you have your does breeding.

Glad things were working! Hmmm. Bunnies early December? WOW -- cold. Work up those nest boxes and cages!!!
Yeah he might not be. He sure tries his best though the girls just won’t cooperate with him. He won’t ever go to freezer camp the family has really fallen for for him lol. He is a real sweetheart and loves attention, I really hope he can have some success but if not he will go to another home or I’ll end up with a pet rabbit running around the house. But from here on out I explained no more naming the rabbits or getting attached lol. We will see what happens when the babies come. They might all hate me for awhile after processing day. It’s a good lesson for everyone including myself, and worth it to know exactly where the food on the table came from. As far as December babies go, most the breeders I talked to at the show all try and breed now or in the next couple weeks, my hutch is covered with blankets and wood on three sides during winter, with a tarp I can roll down on the front of the wind really blows. According my new rabbit master friend they do just fine. We had below zero last week and on Monday they could care less they seem to like the cold weather. I have nesting boxes built already with solid floors instead of wire to help keep out any cold drafts from the kits. I’ve seen wild rabbits running around all winter long in crazy cold weather so hopefully mine will be good.