MtViking- A little piece of paradise.

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Love the photo of the cabin and country. Hopefully you can get out for a good hunt soon. It's great to hear the generations can gather and get out in the woods together. Even if nothing is killed, it's still great memories.
It’s really about the memories and just getting out into nature. Although wild game is a big part of our red meat, or I try to make a big part when I get lucky. We got three antelope this year so that will feed us good for the winter anyways

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well I put in the nesting box this evening and my doe immediately started stuffing her face with hay and started building her nest. It was a matter of just a few seconds after I shut the door she was on top of it. That’s a good sign! I bet she’s gonna be a good mother.

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think I have defective rabbits. She took all the hay out of the nesting box and made a nest on the cage floor. Ugh that’s not gonna keep babies alive. I put all the hay back in the box and starts a nest in there in hopes she figures it out.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope you and she can figure out where to have those babies. It is real discouraging to go out and find them all on the wire. Here's to the doe and a squirmy litter of new kits snuggled down in their nest box. (raising cup of coffee in a toast to the new mom to be)

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Maybe she didn't like the location of the box? Can you move it over where she took all the hay out and put it? Don't know much about rabbits..... but sometimes I have just got to "go with the hen's" when they want to set.
That’s what I did, I put all the hay back in the box and put the box where she made her floor nest. I really hope I don’t have frozen babies on the wire when I get home. She had a false pregnancy earlier this year and made a nest in the box. She actually was kind of mad when I took it out after I new she wasn’t pregnant. I’m 99% sure she prego this time.

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I can’t get her to build a nest in the box. She takes all the hay out and builds it on the cage floor. The babies won’t have a chance if she doesn’t figure this out.