MtViking- A little piece of paradise.

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sure, she will. This business of "don't touch the babies or she will abandon/kill/eat them" is a bunch of hooey. She is a new momma, so expect a certain amount of stupid. Give her the benefit of the doubt.

Just because you are going to send them to freezer camp doesn't mean that you don't care. Of course you are bummed out that one died. Of course you are concerned and want the rest to live. And someday, you will slaughter them and eat them. And that will bother you. I say a prayer over animals before I slaughter them and I apologize to every single one of them. Just because I eat them doesn't mean that I don't love them.
Exactly! I want them to have the best life they can before they make the sacrifice to feed my family. I always thank any wild game I harvest for their sacrifice too. It just seems like the right thing to do. We are after all predators so it’s part of the circle of life. But that doesn’t mean I don’t have full respect for the animals that keep me and my family alive. Thank you that really make me feel better.

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Heck I don’t know maybe I’m making things worse lol. Maybe I just should leave her alone and let nature do it’s thing.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know I’m raising them for meat. But it’s kind of heartbreaking losing my first kit. I hope the rest make it.
If she has the instinct to be a mother to her kits than yes...but she is new to this if I remember correctly....sometimes they screw up the first time...almost get it the second time, them the third time is the charm. If by time four it's the same, she is our dinner. ....I have one NZ who popped her kits out was a great mom, was clean and was a easy keeper. Three times perfect angel. NOW, won't get pregnant, won't mate and is a total slob.... hateful little bunny dinner going to freezer camp !