Mucous coated poop...HELP!

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
My 12 week old Fuzzy Lop Phoebe has clear/white mucous coating her poop.
I tried researching it a little and it seems to be caused by digestive issues or stasis ??
It has a strange smell...kind of like cigarettes :hu
I'm worried about her, and she lives with another rabbit...who seems to be just fine, no issues with her stool. What is this and is it deadly or contagious??

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Have there been any changes in hay or feed? Do you use city water, and if so, has it recently been treated?

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
No changes in feed, they've been eating the same bag for about a week now and no one else has issues.
My town has spring water but it is treated...not sure when they treat it though.
I've been giving my rabbits Corid since the cocci outbreak I had...could it be that?
Phoebe is the only one with this problem so far. She got rained on a bit last night but not enough to soak her...I don't think that would cause it!

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
No changes in feed, they've been eating the same bag for about a week now and no one else has issues.
My town has spring water but it is treated...not sure when they treat it though.
I've been giving my rabbits Corid since the cocci outbreak I had...could it be that?
Phoebe is the only one with this problem so far. She got rained on a bit last night but not enough to soak her...I don't think that would cause it!
Is she eating and drinking regularly? Try giving her a little plantain or a bit of fennel.

When I treat with corid, I like to do 5 days corid/5 days probiotic.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay i'll do that! I have plantain all over the yard.
What probiotic do you use?

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh and yes she ate breakfast this morning and I haven't seen her drink yet today.
Should I give her Kaopectin or is that a bad idea?

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh and yes she ate breakfast this morning and I haven't seen her drink yet today.
Should I give her Kaopectin or is that a bad idea?
If it's not runny or she's not straining, I wouldn't give her anything yet. If they are eating I always like to use food first.