Mucous coated poop...HELP!

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Alright, i'll get the probiotics and see how that goes. Thank you!
I did give her some oats and hay a few minutes ago but she wasn't interested. I'll see if she eats later :hu Usually she loves hay

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
I found some probiotics in the fridge, mixed it with some water and gave that to Phoebe with a syringe.
She perked right up...she started nibbling on hay, and when dinnertime came around she was wanting pellets. I'm sticking with just hay and oats for her...bland diet until she feels better.
I put her in a cage with a tray so I could monitor her stool...it's definitely firming up, much less mucus :celebrate
Hopefully tomorrow will bring good news for little Phoebe :fl

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I found some probiotics in the fridge, mixed it with some water and gave that to Phoebe with a syringe.
She perked right up...she started nibbling on hay, and when dinnertime came around she was wanting pellets. I'm sticking with just hay and oats for her...bland diet until she feels better.
I put her in a cage with a tray so I could monitor her stool...it's definitely firming up, much less mucus :celebrate
Hopefully tomorrow will bring good news for little Phoebe :fl
Yay! :celebrate

Keep us posted.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today Phoebe is doing better. She was hungry this morning, ate breakfast and some hay.
She still has some slimy/mucus-y poop but not as bad as yesterday. I'm still giving her the probiotic water so i'm hoping it all clears up. I took her roommate out so Phoebe can eat the plantain in peace :)

JHP Homestead

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I hope Phoebe continues to feel better.

I was seeing mucus-y poop from a few of my rabbits that are about 10 weeks old or so. They were treated with Corid almost a month ago. I lost a couple but the others have seemed to recover. I didn’t know that plantain was helpful so I just gave them lots of hay with very little pellets.

It’s been a rough year, health wise, for rabbits

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmmm...I'm clueless as to what it could be. She does live with another rabbit and that one has no symptoms at all so i'm hoping it's not contagious :hu
@JHP Homestead I'm sorry you lost a few! That's too bad but at least the others are alright. Should I completely take her off of pellets then? I gave her some for dinner...

When I checked the tray under her cage tonight, she had no poop at all in it...which really worries me.
But she's eating a lot of oats and hay...she's not drinking on her own but I've been syringing her the probiotic water all day. Any other ideas on what I can do to get her guts working again?
I really don't have a good feeling about her health :(